Why is my wired headphone not working fine with Smule - OnePlus Nord 3 CE Lite

viralmutant

Hi

I was using my Apple wired headphones with Samsung M30S with 3.5mm jack. All was good, I was able to hear myself while singing and voice monitoring worked fine.

I purchased OnePlus Nord 3 CE Lite last week specifically as it supports 3.5mm jack and everything stopped :(

I can't hear any voice feedback(even at 100%) and voice monitoring won't even move.

What should I check ? Is it that the external wired mic is not being detected by the phone ? How do I validate this and fix this ?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Edited by viralmutant

opentype

But it is recording the voice, right?  

Monitoring is only fully supported on Apple devices. On Android it didn’t use to exist at all. Now Smule seems to support at least some devices, but still not all. It’s tricky on Android, where there are so many devices with different hardware, all processing audio and video differently. Latency and syncing issues can be so bad, it might be better to not have monitoring to begin with. 

viralmutant

`voice monitoring` is the bar that shows your pitch while singing, right ?

It was working fine on Samsung M30S. But getting that to work is not a priority for me.

The voice feedback not working is the main issue.

Though recording is working but when I can't hear my own voice it is not the same kind of recording experience.

opentype
20 minutes ago, viralmutant said:

Anyone ?? Do I have to buy a new pair of headphones ?

No. If you hear the background music, but not your voice, it is not an issue with the headphones. 

My guess is still that Smule does not support “voice feedback” on this specific phone. 

viralmutant

Can I safely assume that the mic of my headphone is working and not the phone microphone ?

Anyway to validate this ?

opentype
56 minutes ago, viralmutant said:

Can I safely assume that the mic of my headphone is working and not the phone microphone ?

Anyway to validate this ?

Yes. Tap with your finger on the either the headset microphone or the phone casing. Then replay the recording. The active mic will record the taps much louder. 

season 2 trailer GIF by Vida