14-day OC extensions. What’s your experience?

14-days extensions poll  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like it?

• I rarely use the extension feature
    • I use it frequently. Much better than just 7 days.
    • I don’t like it. I need the non-expiring OCs back.

DuetWithAlli

I don’t know, personally, I don’t like to have vip during the holiday season because I won’t use it. One of my friends sent me a gift vip, though 🥰

On 11/30/2023 at 3:30 PM, opentype said:

Well, Smule isn’t a charity. They are a tech startup company. The service was created with over 200 million in investor’s money and those investors want their money back with interest eventually. A typical way to achieve that is to constantly raise prices for the service. Another option is upselling – giving people options to pay more. Given the two choices, I am totally happy that my VIP price has remained unchanged and I am not forced to pay more. If there is optional paid stickers, optional paid OC extensions, optional paid badges … that’s all fine with me, because I am not forced to buy any of that.

Yes, I have actually wished Smule would introduce some kind of tiered membership program, like Patreon has, for example. People who get more from Smule should have to pay more. So this is kind of like that, except that it doesn’t appear that there are any perks to having the gold badge, and it also appears that some people don’t actually have to pay for it. It just looks like a way for Smule to continue their preferential treatment of vip users they deem “special”, by hiding them amongst the users who paid to be special, and no one can complain because we have no way of knowing the difference.

I do want to reiterate, I actually think this is a great idea. Take users who are already willing to pay for vip, and find the ones who are willing to pay even more. If I could qualify, I would do it. But if, and only if, there were known perks associated with the gold checkmark, other than just having a gold checkmark.

Edit: I just noticed, I’m not on topic here hehe. So I’ll add that if Smule were to reinstate non-expiring OCs, I’d consider signing up for the whole year vip subscription like I used to do.

Edited by DuetWithAlli
Going off topic
  • love it! 2

Wishchip
20 minutes ago, DuetWithAlli said:

it also appears that some people don’t actually have to pay for [the gold badge]. It just looks like a way for Smule to continue their preferential treatment of vip users they deem “special”, by hiding them amongst the users who paid to be special, and no one can complain because we have no way of knowing the difference.

Oh my god QUOTED FOR TRUTH, my dude.

• like 1
  • haha 1

TheMajesticM
4 hours ago, Wishchip said:

Where's the harm in a "Free VIP" week every once in awhile to attract non-VIPs to the app? I've seen a suggestion that Smule should offer a 45-day free trial of VIP to non-paying users and I think that's an interesting idea too.

There is no harm. The app may not make money from it during that time but it is also a good PR tactic and the app is in dire need of it… I also think a free 30-45 day free trial is a good idea as well. I think there may already be a 7-day trial but why not increase it to 30 days and get the users good and hooked. 😁

We have our complaints but it is apparent we like the app or we would not voice our concerns to make it better. 

• like 1

TheMajesticM
2 hours ago, DuetWithAlli said:

I don’t like to have vip during the holiday season because I won’t use it.

True but maybe choose random weeks throughout the year for a week of free VIP for the loyal non-VIPs. Why not give back something? Have you read the reviews? So many people begging to sing but cannot afford it. 

2 hours ago, DuetWithAlli said:

I just noticed, I’m not on topic here hehe. So I’ll add that if Smule were to reinstate non-expiring OCs, I’d consider signing up for the whole year vip subscription

I go off topic a lot. 🤪😂 I hope the company listens to their customers and reinstates the non-expiring OCs, too. 

TheMajesticM
7 hours ago, DuetWithAlli said:

I don’t know, personally, I don’t like to have vip during the holiday season because I won’t use it.

I meant to post true for you and probably others but there are many users on the app who enjoy caroling on the app during Christmas. It would be a good time for Smule to gift a VIP subscription to the non-VIP loyal users. 

DuetWithAlli
On 12/7/2023 at 3:38 PM, TheMajesticM said:

True but maybe choose random weeks throughout the year for a week of free VIP for the loyal non-VIPs. Why not give back something? Have you read the reviews? So many people begging to sing but cannot afford it. 

I go off topic a lot. 🤪😂 I hope the company listens to their customers and reinstates the non-expiring OCs, too. 

Oh, yes … I love that idea! It would be like the gift that keeps on giving. And yes, I enjoy reading crappy reviews of Smule. Bet they're mostly young people, and most young people think everything should be free. If Smule wanted a younger audience for their app, they’re reaping the benefits of that right now.

In my defense, the conversation was already so far off topic that I thought I was on the thread about the new verification program. Anyway, glad you’re on board when it comes to non-expiring OCs 😁

DuetWithAlli
On 12/7/2023 at 3:32 PM, TheMajesticM said:

There is no harm. The app may not make money from it during that time but it is also a good PR tactic and the app is in dire need of it… I also think a free 30-45 day free trial is a good idea as well. I think there may already be a 7-day trial but why not increase it to 30 days and get the users good and hooked. 😁

We have our complaints but it is apparent we like the app or we would not voice our concerns to make it better. 

True! We only complain because we care. Otherwise, we would move on.