Cannot paste song link from Smule on to Download Request on sing.salon

Ravi Nair

I have been trying to copy the link from one of my recordings on Smule to the Download Request box in sing.salon. But the Paste icon doesn't come. When I try to paste the copied link elsewhere, it works fine. 

Ravi Nair

I click on the curved arrow button under the song and select Copy Link. Then I go to sing.salon and try and paste the link into the Download Request box. Like I've been doing so often. Yes, I haven't done this for three or four months. I had to sign back into sing.salon. But when I press on the box, I don't get the "paste" option to click. I'm doing this on an iPhone 13 Pro.  

I tried a couple of other Smule download sites. There again, the same issue. When I tried pasting it in the Chrome browser, it worked. But what would I do with that? Has Smule disabled this function? 

opentype

The procedure sounds right and this is still working for everything else. It must be something on your phone. 

Make sure that pasting is allowed in the apps you use. Article: https://pasteapp.io/help/allow-paste-permissions-in-ios-76

If that doesn’t help, maybe try restarting. Or another browser like Safari. 

Ravi Nair

So, I need to download the Paste app? I also tried to download the song from my iPad with the same negative result. Shall try your suggestion. Many thanks. 

Meanwhile I physically typed in the link address in sing.salon and managed to download my recording. 

opentype
5 hours ago, Ravi Nair said:

So, I need to download the Paste app?

No, I just linked an article that explains that there is an iOS setting that can prevent pasting between apps. 

Ravi Nair

I uninstalled and reinstalled Smule. Still no luck.

Thank you so much for all the effort taken. I really appreciate it. 

opentype

It’s certainly not a Smule issue. It’s a problem of the browser or the operating system in regards to pasting content from the clipboard. 

Ravi Nair

Yes, I agree. I could do it on my Android phone. But not on my iPhone or iPad. According to Smule, they don't offer any option to download your recordings and save them as MP3 or mp4 files or any other formats. If you want to share your recording, you can only send the link of the recording. And the recipient would then be able to go through everything in your list.