SuperStudio no longer available when joining other's OC

Glasnost77

Since the past few days on my Android smule App, I have observed this. 

Previously, when I join an invite, and click on the Fx icon, the default setting is the one selected by the Opener (which is often the name of the Video animation). Then to the right of it are all the other effects which included SuperStudio among a host of others. 

Now, I find SuperStudio missing in that list. It used to have only a handful of effects, with 'Prescence' as the first. Today it got worse - there are only 3 other settings - Stardust, Super Harmony and Secret Agent. This is for all of other's invites I checked, irrespective of which Fx setting they had chosen. So in such cases I am relegated to using only the default setting and playing with the Reverb character/amount setting in the vain hope it sounds like I want it to.

When I open my own Invites, I can select Super Studio in the upper list of animations, which does result in SS in the Fx below. Although, there are still only 3 other Fx available in the lower list.

Is this observed by others ? I am still using old version of the App and I suspect that may be the reason, but would like to hear from you all..

DuetWithAlli

Hmm … I don’t know, I usually just stick with whatever the opener used and adjust the settings. I feel like everyone I join on audio uses SS anyway. But I’ll check it out next time I join a song. By the way, I’ve finally switched to the new version. 

Edit: that’s not true, I do join some that use other fx now that I think I about it hehe. But either way, I’ll get back to you on that.

Edited by DuetWithAlli

DuetWithAlli

I appear to have the full slate of choices (around 25), Super Studio included. I didn’t actually sing and upload the song, so I don’t know if all choices are still available after singing. I’ll have to get back to you on that.

Edit: Yes, it seems I have all of the fx available before and after recording. Maybe Smule is trying to force you to update? Hehe

Edited by DuetWithAlli
Update

Glasnost77
On 8/26/2023 at 7:32 AM, DuetWithAlli said:

I appear to have the full slate of choices (around 25), Super Studio included. I didn’t actually sing and upload the song, so I don’t know if all choices are still available after singing. I’ll have to get back to you on that.

Edit: Yes, it seems I have all of the fx available before and after recording. Maybe Smule is trying to force you to update? Hehe

Thanks, so this confirms that users with updated App are facing no issue, so it means this affects those using the older App version ! Probably smule made some changes to how the fx is presented to the App, which is not compatible with the older version and so it just doesn't show those FXes. Well, looks like the lucky streak is over for old App users, who now face a tougher choice of whether to update and lose the ability to join expired OCs or to update and take advantage of improved FXes when joining !

To add to the melee is the strange App behavioir. An opener may have sung in SuperStudio, but if they use a video setting (example: Bounce) or a lyric animation (example: Flowers) then those settings are presented to the joiner as Default FX rather than the the FX which they actually sung in (SuperStudio in this case) !

Wishchip

My "smule phone" still hasn't taken the update and I still have access to all the FXs (I think), including Super Studio. But I also usually just use the default whenever joining someone. I have a crappy mic, so whatever effect I use, I know I'm going to be tinnier than everybody else.

• like 2

DuetWithAlli

I’m also wondering if certain video fx choices only offer a specific audio effect or choice between a limited number of fx. Because I seem to remember being stuck with an effect that I didn’t like, and not being able to change it to something that sounded good.

• like 1