Solution To Follow/Unfollow Problem

Go to solution Solved by DuetWithAlli,

TheMajesticM

Has anyone else noticed? Smule has implemented a follow back tab (see attachment) so we can now see who is actually following us. It helps. Now when someone follows to gain followers and unfollows immediately we can check the account to see if it has the tab. If it just has follow they are not following. If it has follow back they are following. IMG_4454.thumb.jpeg.1fb2ae10ce7429c750f6660c99778038.jpeg

• like 3

DuetWithAlli

Oh, interesting! I hadn’t seen that. Surprising that Smule would take action against the kind of people and behaviors they have always seemed to encourage.

Edit: Yes, I see that now! But in my experience, when I follow someone back, it reminds that person that he/she followed me and forgot to unfollow, and then I still end up being unfollowed.

As a general rule, I only follow back if they’ve followed me after joining one of my songs. Very rarely will I follow someone who seemingly follows me out of the blue, because 90% of the time, they don’t mean it.

Edited by DuetWithAlli
Checked it out
  • like 1

TheMajesticM
8 hours ago, DuetWithAlli said:

Surprising that Smule would take action against the kind of people and behaviors they have always seemed to encourage.

Really! For the life of me I never understood why this problem wasn’t addressed from the start of Smule. So many hurt feelings and broken friendships have occurred over the years on the app due to this very issue, an issue that was easily remedied. No one wants to think one of their best singing buddies stopped following them and that was exactly what happened so many times because the following list hid followers when others added to the list. Poor development or poor logic but hopefully this feature will help. 

As a general rule, I only follow back if they’ve followed me after joining one of my songs.

Good general rule. I make exceptions but I am pretty picky who I follow and who I allow to follow me. 

• like 1

TheMajesticM

As a general rule, I only follow back if they’ve followed me after joining one of my songs. Very rarely will I follow someone who seemingly follows me out of the blue, because 90% of the time, they don’t mean it.

Totally agree! 

• thank you! 1

• Solution
DuetWithAlli
2 hours ago, TheMajesticM said:

Really! For the life of me I never understood why this problem wasn’t addressed from the start of Smule. So many hurt feelings and broken friendships have occurred over the years on the app due to this very issue, an issue that was easily remedied. No one wants to think one of their best singing buddies stopped following them and that was exactly what happened so many times because the following list hid followers when others added to the list. Poor development or poor logic but hopefully this feature will help. 

Good general rule. I make exceptions but I am pretty picky who I follow and who I allow to follow me. 

Totally with you there. I occasionally get a good feeling that a person is genuine, so I’ll follow back and join a song. Then if there is a response, and it’s good, she’s a keeper.

Yes, I had some friends over the years question me about this, thinking I had unfollowed them. That’s actually how I found this forum, trying to figure out wht this was happening. And who knows how many people dropped me without saying anything, because they thought I had unfollowed them. I unfollowed a lot of people myself for the same reason.

Thanks for sharing this. It’s good to see that Smule is making useful changes to the app. 

• like 1

TheMajesticM
15 hours ago, DuetWithAlli said:

Thanks for sharing this. It’s good to see that Smule is making useful changes to the app. 

I’m glad I could be of help and yes I am thankful the app is making improvements. 🥂 

Wishchip
On 8/19/2023 at 11:06 AM, DuetWithAlli said:

As a general rule, I only follow back if they’ve followed me after joining one of my songs.

I should really start doing that. Sometimes when a user pops into my feed I think "why am I following that person again?" so I search my name and theirs and no duets show up in the search results. So I think "ok, they must've liked something of mine, they followed me and I followed them back?"

I wish you could search for activity between two users: likes, comments, gifts, that sort of thing. Not just duets.

• like 2

DuetWithAlli

That would be a useful feature, to be able to see interactions between yourself and another user. Great idea! I’m curious how people find me, and I do occasionally have friends of friends follow me, but most seem to be random people who are fishing for followers.