Voice Doubling! iPhone 14 Plus/iRig Pro

SthrnSngBrd

About a year ago I stopped going to bars, which is where I frequented for a good dose of karaoke. I still have that itch, so as recommended, I joined Smule, purchased a nice vocal microphone and studio headphones. I also purchased an iRig Pro, which I was told would allow me to run all of my equipment through my iPhone 14 Plus.

For some reason, I can’t get the audio to sound right. My vocals are doubling and it’s throwing me so far off that I can’t even enjoy what I’m trying to sing.

I would appreciate any advice that may help me resolve this issue.

Edited by SthrnSngBrd
Spelling

opentype

The problem is hard to identify just based on this description. You would have to try to narrow it down some more. 

You didn’t say anything about headphones. What kind are you using and how are they connected? (You should use wired headphones connected to the iRig Pro I/O). 

SthrnSngBrd

I’m new to this community, so thank you for the feedback. 

Here in is my setup list:

• iPhone 14 Plus
  • iRig Pro
  • Rode NT1 Microphone
  • Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones (wired)

SthrnSngBrd

Both the microphone and the headphones are connected to the iRig Pro, which is then connected to the iPhone. 

Everything sounds great, with the exception of the vocal doubling issue. I run the same microphone and headphones through a small recording console sometimes and have no issues at all.

SthrnSngBrd

That’s a great idea! Thank you! I’ll try to do that this evening!