Song Title text limit when uploading karaoke tracks

_MusiCoolPiyush_

Consistency has never been the name of the game with Smule and now I have come across an issue where adding a song title when uploading a new karaoke track has text character limits. I am trying to upload a karaoke track which is a combination of 2 songs that were picturised back to back in a movie from the 70s. What I am trying to type is "Chhukar Mere Man Ko / Saara Zamana _MusiCoolPiyush_" but ofcourse smule doesnt let me type beyond "Chhukar Mere Man Ko / Saara Zamana _MusiCoolP" (i.e. limit set on 45 characters)

Now here comes the inconsistency that is the second name for Smule. I have seen karaoke tracks name in Smule like "Chhukar Mere Manko - HQâ„¢ Chukar Mere Man Ko Full Track Yaarana" (i.e. 62 characters) or another track with song title "Mere Naina Sawan Bhadon (Mehboba Remix) - Mere Naina Sawan Bhado" (64 characters) or another track title as "Diye Jalte Hai Phool Khilte Hai - HD Diye Jalte Hain" (52 characters). So how is it that Smule has allowed other uploaders add tracks with song title having more than 50 characters but I cannot add a track with a song title length of more than 45 characters

The only way I know to upload a track is via Smule website as there is no such feature via iOS or android app. Do you all face this 45 character limit issue or are you able to add more than 45 characters in song title.

Isa_Bella
1 hour ago, _MusiCoolPiyush_ said:

The only way I know to upload a track is via Smule website as there is no such feature via iOS or android app. Do you all face this 45 character limit issue or are you able to add more than 45 characters in song title.

I normally upload my backing tracks via Smule Website and strictly 45 characters limit including the space.

_MusiCoolPiyush_

@Isa_Bella yep I do the same way and have the same 45 character limit including space and that is why I am wondering how some of the song titles (shared in my OP) have 52 or 64 characters - very strange. How are some of them able to use more than 45 characters. That also raises a question - why 45 characters, why not 50 or 40 (rounding it off). Smule is so weird as only they can explain who decided to use 45 character limit instead of lets say 50 and how some song titles have 64 characters - what special power did Smule provide to those uploaders? 

Isa_Bella
3 hours ago, _MusiCoolPiyush_ said:

@Isa_Bella yep I do the same way and have the same 45 character limit including space and that is why I am wondering how some of the song titles (shared in my OP) have 52 or 64 characters - very strange. How are some of them able to use more than 45 characters. That also raises a question - why 45 characters, why not 50 or 40 (rounding it off). Smule is so weird as only they can explain who decided to use 45 character limit instead of lets say 50 and how some song titles have 64 characters - what special power did Smule provide to those uploaders? 

If I were you send an enquiry to Smule zendesk     https://smule.zendesk.com/hc/en-us.  You will get a reply within 3 to 4 working days.. 

_MusiCoolPiyush_
21 hours ago, Isa_Bella said:

If I were you send an enquiry to Smule zendesk     https://smule.zendesk.com/hc/en-us.  You will get a reply within 3 to 4 working days.. 

Here is what I think of zendesk after having sent more than 50 queries their way in past few years. I think Zendesk must have a booklet which contains all types of generic responses.  All they do when they receive a query is that they copy a generic response from this booklet, paste it in the email and hit send. That is what my experience has been with zendesk - every response from them has been a generic response and when I have asked them for a better customized response - they overexceed my expectation by copying either the same or another generic response. One could see the tears rolling down my eyes and the level of satisfaction in my heart on reading such awesome responses from Zendesk. They are angels sent on Earth to show us the way to salvation :D :D 

Isa_Bella
1 hour ago, _MusiCoolPiyush_ said:

Here is what I think of zendesk after having sent more than 50 queries their way in past few years. I think Zendesk must have a booklet which contains all types of generic responses.  All they do when they receive a query is that they copy a generic response from this booklet, paste it in the email and hit send. That is what my experience has been with zendesk - every response from them has been a generic response and when I have asked them for a better customized response - they overexceed my expectation by copying either the same or another generic response. One could see the tears rolling down my eyes and the level of satisfaction in my heart on reading such awesome responses from Zendesk. They are angels sent on Earth to show us the way to salvation :D :D 

I dont think so.. maybe it depends on one's query... as per my experienced all my queries has been resolved according to my expectation and in timely manner. 

opentype
7 hours ago, _MusiCoolPiyush_ said:

Here is what I think of zendesk after having sent more than 50 queries their way in past few years.

By the way: Zendesk is just a customer support software that many companies use. The answers for questions asked on smule.zendesk.com come from people hired by Smule. You will indeed get a lot of prepared answers – in the business known as canned response, but that is expected for every product with millions of customers. When the same question gets asked tens of thousands of times, it would make no sense and be too expensive to type out the answer tens of thousands of times, when the answer can just be written once. 

• like 1

realyquick

I concur, Zendesk's responses are annoying trash for the most part.

With AI technology being used everywhere, the least they can do is come up with an intelligent bot instead of the dumb, utterly useless bot they use.