Smule: song uploading error (Something went wrong)

EzgiErtrk

Hello everyone,

I was trying to upload a song, it is less than 10 mins and 20mb and it is in mp3 format. But whenever I try to upload the audio, in the first step it fails and says "something went wrong". I tried to upload in 3 different browsers for a few times. It doesn't work. Any suggestion?

image.thumb.png.9ec0395d54a956ed115b29848308b366.png

Wishchip

I don't think I've ever gotten a vague "Something went wrong" message when uploading songs without some kind of reason. Usually I'll get something like "you want to upload a Bon Jovi or Bruce Dickinson song? Well not HERE, pal!"

Maybe the mp3 you're trying to upload is corrupted somehow? I would try to download another version of the song as a new mp3 and try again.

opentype
2 hours ago, Wishchip said:

I would try to download another version of the song as a new mp3 and try again.

Or really just any other MP3 just to try if the MP3 uploading/processing is working for you. 

• like 1

Isa_Bella
9 hours ago, EzgiErtrk said:

Hello everyone,

I was trying to upload a song, it is less than 10 mins and 20mb and it is in mp3 format. But whenever I try to upload the audio, in the first step it fails and says "something went wrong". I tried to upload in 3 different browsers for a few times. It doesn't work. Any suggestion?

image.thumb.png.9ec0395d54a956ed115b29848308b366.png

I am also an uploader.  I have uploaded more than a thousand songs between my 2 accounts.  With this  case, the song or the backing music you uploaded has a copyright infringement maybe it was not the backing music itself but the name of the singer.. You can try the following:
                                  1.  Title of the song:  (ex)  "Victims Of Love"™️

2.  Change the name of the singer  to "VariousArtist"™️ Joe Lamot
I normally add apostrophes before  and after  the title of the song or the name of the singer.. 
Hope it works with you.. Good Luck..