Smule Hashtags - what exactly is their use?

Glasnost77

I see most singers sprinkle in a liberal helping of hashtags in the Description when opening an invite. What exactly is its purpose, if any ? I can understand some tags like #duetoftheweek or #soloofmonth serve the purpose of entering that song into a contest, but apart from that I dont see any practical use ? Tapping the hashtag gives a list of all recordings which include that hashtag, but I see no use of doing so ?! Or is it just a kind of shorthand lingo instead of typing whole sentences ?Ā šŸ˜€

opentype

Itā€™s a way of grouping songs together and make them accessible through the search function.Ā People might have different reasons to do this.Ā 

For an invite, it could lead to more exposure. When someone uses the search function and one of your tags is a match, your OCs are shown to them.Ā 

People also used to use tags to group their older songs. For example ā€œall my solosā€, ā€œall my duets with [person x]ā€, ā€œall my a cappella songsā€ and things like that. But now that we have playlists, I would prefer playlists over manual tags.Ā