Sing.salon is not downloading my song from Smule on my iPhone 13 Pro

Ravi Nair

I have just paid a years subscription as a sing.salon supporter. But I find that the song for which I entered the link from Smule has not downloaded. Earlier, I used to find the downloaded song in one of the folders in Files.

opentype

Yes, on an iPhone it will usually download into the files app. Keep in mind that this is controlled through the browser settings and the operating system. We cannot influence the download location. We just send the file to the browser.Ā 

By the way: Once Sing.Salon has successfully processed the song and you see the green ā€œsuccessfully crawledā€ badge, the download remains available for up to seven days. You can always click the download button again if you experienced problems with the download. You donā€™t have to start over with the crawling process.Ā 

Ravi Nair

Thank you. I will try that. This problem seems to have started abiut two days ago. Before that, the downloads would settle comfortably in a folder in Files. Shall keep you posted.

Ravi Nair

It is not downloading. I clicked on the Successfully Crawled recordings and pressed Download, but there's absolutely no reaction. Each and every time. On this iPhone. On another phone - a Samsung Note 10 Plus, it works without any problems.

opentype

Itā€™s hard to troubleshoot from a distance. But as you already confirmed by using a different phone, itā€™s not a Sing.Salon issue, but something on your device.Ā 

You could check your browser settings to make sure downloads are allowed and to see where they are stored. On an iPhone with Safari, I get a popup asking me to download or view the file. When I choose ā€˜downloadā€™ itā€™s also marked in the address bar and I can switched from there to the files app. In Chrome, it shows a download bar at the bottom of the screen.Ā 

If you canā€™t get it to work in your current browser, you could try a different browser. Safari, Chrome, Firefox ā€¦

Ravi Nair

Thank you. I know it's not a Sing Salon fault and I'm grateful that you are trying to help. Many thanks for that. The sad part is that it used to work well from the time I got this phone in early October this year (my first iPhone after so many years!) till about three days ago. Shall try the tips you have suggested.

Many thanks, once again.

Ravi Nair

Just tried downloading a Smule recording from another Smule downloader site. Same problem there too! Wonder why!