Bookmark from a join and Playlist Sorting

mohankaus

Two additions that are necessary and easy to implement:

1. The ability to bookmark a track for a future invite while joining an invite. Currently this is quite hard especially for songs that have many tracks… When you come across a good invite on a good track, you sometimes just want to bookmark the track for later.

2. Sorting playlists and tracks within a playlist.

wont these be two lovely features? 

• like 1

opentype
7 hours ago, mohankaus said:

The ability to bookmark a track for a future invite while joining an invite.

Confused Elizabeth Olsen GIF by Disney+

I am not sure I understand that. 

TheMajesticM
9 hours ago, mohankaus said:

1. The ability to bookmark a track for a future invite while joining an invite. Currently this is quite hard especially for songs that have many tracks… When you come across a good invite on a good track, you sometimes just want to bookmark the track for later.

I can tell you what I do for expired invites, if that’s what you’re referring to. I create a playlist just for those invites- another good use for the playlist feature. I hope I understood you correctly and it helped.

Agree. I have a feeling Smule may be working on those features. Let’s hope🤞 

• like 1

sdr
14 hours ago, mohankaus said:

1. Go to Song Info when you listen to the invite and note who uploaded the track. Then you can search for this song by the same uploader and bookmark it for a future invite.

2. Too much to expect from smule 😁

• like 1

TheMajesticM
5 hours ago, sdr said:

Go to Song Info when you listen to the invite and note who uploaded the track. Then you can search for this song by the same uploader and bookmark it for a future invite.

Oh, that’s what they meant. I was thinking expired invites of another singer. @mohankaus wants to bookmark a song to open in the future. Yep, that’s how I do it, too. 

mohankaus
16 hours ago, opentype said:

Confused Elizabeth Olsen GIF by Disney+

I am not sure I understand that. 

Hahaha ok let me have another go…

Say you are joining someone. You like the song AND the track. Won’t it be great if you had an option to bookmark that track for opening an invite in the future…

mohankaus
14 hours ago, TheMajesticM said:

I can tell you what I do for expired invites, if that’s what you’re referring to. I create a playlist just for those invites- another good use for the playlist feature. I hope I understood you correctly and it helped.

Agree. I have a feeling Smule may be working on those features. Let’s hope🤞 

I agree that this is a good feature to use for late joins on expired invites… but that’s not what I’m talking about…

let’s say you are looking for a good track on a song for which all 100 tracks are awful. Suddenly you come across an invite on that song. Let’s say, You join the invite and move the song and the track. Can you bookmark the track for a future invite AS you join? No you can’t 

mohankaus
10 hours ago, sdr said:

1. Go to Song Info when you listen to the invite and note who uploaded the track. Then you can search for this song by the same uploader and bookmark it for a future invite.

2. Too much to expect from smule 😁

Yeah I do that too. And it is a pin…

• like 1

sdr
On 8/18/2022 at 5:13 PM, TheMajesticM said:

I create a playlist just for those invites- another good use for the playlist feature

Creating playlists for interested invites seems like a good idea to classify them.👍 Will there be notifications when they are about to expire? 

• like 1

sdr
14 hours ago, mohankaus said:

Yeah I do that too. And it is a pin…

Certainly. Especially searching difficult to type singer names.

If you want to avoid searching, you can follow another method using the playlist feature that is newly added. 

Go to Song Info->Sing->Solo->Save early (30sec). Just save without singing. 

Keep the rec private and add it to a playlist  named 'To Invite'. 

Later you can open that rec and Sing again as an invite. Then delete the private rec.

Hope this works for you.😁

Edited by sdr

TheMajesticM
1 hour ago, sdr said:

Creating playlists for interested invites seems like a good idea to classify them.👍 Will there be notifications when they are about to expire? 

The playlist I created was for invites that have already expired and I didn’t get time to join. 

• like 1