Apple TV Sing! app stopped working

jwhitman89

I used to love doing karaoke with friends on the Sing app for Apple TV. After taking a break from it for a few months we decided to start up again but found the app is now completely broken! The songbook screen is always blank no matter what you search (and I'm a VIP so I should have full access to the songbook!). Has anyone else experienced this issue? I'm worried the Apple TV is no longer supported because the link to the support page no longer exists either :(

• like 1

YoshiTanaka999

My Apple TV Sing! app stopped working one day. When I launch it only the "Sing!" logo displays and nothing else. None of the options "Sing with Artist" "Sing with Group" .... etc are displayed. Hitting menu shows a search for Songbook which returns nothing. There is no way to search for a song. The version is 1.1.2 updated Jan 2016. I can't find any newer versions. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. There is no problem with the network since I can play YouTube videos without issues. It had been working until a few weeks ago. Was support for the Apple TV  terminated with the new update on mobile? Any tips are appreciated for how to get it working again on Apple TV. 

Gopi

Yes, I completely agree....I bought the Apple TV only because of this feature!!.....& now this is dead. 

Any suggestions/ tips like both the above gentlemen said would be much appreciated. Thanks. 

YoshiTanaka999

I contacted Smule support and got the following reply. This is a huge bummer..

---------------------

Smule Support replied:

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, Sing! Karaoke is no longer available for download on Apple TV and will no longer function on that platform. We currently have no plans to support Apple TV in the future.

We’d love for you to continue singing with us on your mobile device or tablet. If you haven’t done so already, download our Sing! Karaoke app for iOS or Android and log into your existing account.
http://bit.ly/2fLvgV8

Thanks for understanding & have a great day!

Smule Support Team

• sad 1

Gopi

Guessed as much.....oh yeah, bummer it is!! 

I know lots of people who bought the apple tv 4th gen because of smule.....& trust me, that was one of their USP's as well. 

Big con game!!! 

opentype

It’s disappointing for the people who have Apple TV, but it’s certainly not a “con game”. Smule doesn’t get money for sold Apple TVs, nor did they revoke the paid service (i.e. the VIP membership) itself. You can still use it on your phones and tablets. They just stopped supporting a specific device—probably because too few people used it to justify the continued development just for this platform. 

But maybe they should have announced that properly and at least a few months in advance, instead of just pulling the plug. 

• 3 weeks later...
Quantum888

You are correct that Smule has unilaterally pulled support for the 4th Gen Apple TV. I too got the exact same email response when contacting Smule directly. This is a BIG disappointment to say the least from a previous happy user of this App on the Apple TV. So much fun to sing in a group setting in front of the Bigger Screen with friends and family! Such a beautiful and elegant interface! Smule should have left at least a legacy working version up on the Apple TV with the flowing globe search with at least a nice Notice, if only just to drive more users to their mobile versions. Right now Smule on Apple TV is just a dead duck App with no functionality all, and no Notice. Confusing customers and hinting to All users how Smule supports its users. Not.

PLEASE Bring back Smule on Apple TV! PLEASE!

It literally was the best used App on my Apple TV.

The App now just sits there on my Apple TV menu, reminding me daily of songs long lost from the big TV screen. Worse still, the App Store still has this non functioning App for download. So confusing for us Users and poor marketing for Smule if it wants good customer mojo.

Please bring back a working Sing! Karaoke to the Apple TV!

Edited by Quantum888
Grammer updates
  • like 1

jshprgmnt

I have to say that this shows a good deal of contempt for Sing! users. If support for Apple TV ends, send a message to registered users, or remove the app from the App Store, or post notice on the website. Don't make users reset their devices and spend time troubleshooting an issue with no solution. I've purchased plenty from Smule. They've lost me as a customer. And I'm sure I'm not alone.

• like 1

• 6 months later...
Addejagare

It still can be downloaded from The Apple store. 

I'm not surprised though. Smule must have The worst customer support/relations I've ever come across. Just look at the android version vs the ios version. Android has been the inferior version for years now. 

• 11 months later...
yousy

:( I am very very sad about that -.- and angry 

Why did they delete this feature :(

Without this feature apple tv is more worthless 

smule was the best app I've ever known....