Invitation from a popular Singer?

Go to solution Solved by opentype,

Kasia P

Hello I'm new here.I'd like to ask quick question.I Got some invitation from people like:Mariah Carey Official Duncan Laurence Vip Sarach Maclachlan etc.It says:...invited you to join..Is it real invitation or Just everyone get this kind of invitation?or it's automaticaly sended by robot or system if smule.Thanks for your time. If you get the real invitation from a star how it Look like?

K.

sdr
2 hours ago, Kasia P said:

Hello I'm new here.I'd like to ask quick question.I Got some invitation from people like:Mariah Carey Official Duncan Laurence Vip Sarach Maclachlan etc.It says:...invited you to join..Is it real invitation or Just everyone get this kind of invitation?or it's automaticaly sended by robot or system if smule.Thanks for your time. If you get the real invitation from a star how it Look like?

K.

I think it's sent out by smule to join a song by the artist. You can join and keep it as a treasure. Carey's Hark! The herald... is already joined 10.6k times,  the profile of the singer says.

• Solution
opentype

Yes, it’s an automated process. It doesn’t mean that the partner artist has personally invited you. Everyone gets these invites and quite a few users have complained that there isn’t even a way to turn these invitations off. They will continue to appear in your invite list even though you are not following these artists. 

• like 1

• 2 weeks later...
RockMeSlowly
On 12/30/2021 at 10:35 AM, opentype said:

Yes, it’s an automated process. It doesn’t mean that the partner artist has personally invited you. Everyone gets these invites and quite a few users have complained that there isn’t even a way to turn these invitations off. They will continue to appear in your invite list even though you are not following these artists. 

One thing you can do if it gets bad is to block the ✔️ accounts sending the invites. I do that every time and it's cut away some of the annoyances.