Last song heard restarts playing while recording

cmatias

Hi.

I'm using an iPhone 7 plus, and I have this very frustrating behavior since months now :

1. I listen to a share
2. I pause the song I'm listening to and I click the "participate" button (or I click the "participate" button directly without pausing the song I am listening to).
3. I start recording the shared song...
4. Suddenly, in the middle of my recording, the song I was listening to before recording starts to play over the record I'm doing !

I must exit the actual recording, pause the song I was listening to before, and restart the record by clicking again on the "participate" button.

When this weird behavior starts, it happens with every songs...

I must quit the Smule App and restart it. Then I can record one or two songs before this bug starts again... (sometimes I get angry about it).

Does anyone have this same issue ?

Do you know a workaround ?

Thanks, and take care.

CMatias

sdr
On 12/5/2021 at 5:48 PM, cmatias said:

2. I pause the song I'm listening to and I click the "participate" button (or I click the "participate" button directly without pausing the song I am listening to).

Smule automatically starts playing the recording when an invite (share?) is opened. When you join (participate?) that playback is automatically stopped and the recording starts. From what you have listed, a workaround seems to be waiting for the playback to begin playing and then stopping it manually before starting recording.

cmatias

Hi.

I use to listen to shared songs before singing along, so I play the song and if it looks good for me I press pause + Participate (or participate directly, so the songs pause automatically), and in the middle of the recording the song starts playing again over the playing I'm listening while recording. There is a "double" play in my headphones.
Just recorded 5 songs this last hour, and it appends 4 times...

sdr

Try changing the flow.

Pause the playback, go to the profile of the singer, select the invite from there and try joining.

cmatias
6 hours ago, sdr said:

Try changing the flow.

Pause the playback, go to the profile of the singer, select the invite from there and try joining.

Hi SDR. Thanks for this smart idea, but unfortunately I already tried this with the same issue, and it is even more complicated to go back to the "player page" that restarts to play.

However, thank you.

• like 1