Out of Tune Singers..

Isa_Bella

I normally join or collab back  to all my VIP joiners... This is my question... if your joiner is OUT of TUNE do you sing with them? or just give them paid stickers?? just to say thanks  I appreciate your  joining.. . 

• confused 1

elyssia
5 hours ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

I normally join or collab back  to all my VIP joiners... This is my question... if your joiner is OUT of TUNE do you sing with them? or just give them paid stickers?? just to say thanks  I appreciate your  joining.. . 

It depends on how regular they are in joining me. For the regular ones, I will usually look through their song list and try to join every now and then if I can find a song which I am familiar with. I will try to find an OC with fewer parts that we have to sing together. 

When they join me, I will definitely spend some time to listen to them and at least say thank you in my comment. 

• like 2

sdr
7 hours ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

I guess it depends on your valuation of the singer. If you consider it worthwhile in some way go ahead and join, they would love it. One thing I have seen is that rarely does one discourage a joiner in a comment. It's always a 'Thank you for joining so beautifully' for even the worst join. I think it does make the joiner feel better with no cost to you.

• like 1

Isa_Bella
24 minutes ago, sdr said:

I guess it depends on your valuation of the singer. If you consider it worthwhile in some way go ahead and join, they would love it. One thing I have seen is that rarely does one discourage a joiner in a comment. It's always a 'Thank you for joining so beautifully' for even the worst join. I think it does make the joiner feel better with no cost to you.

So true... Yes I do that... Like I would say... "Thanks so much for the awesomeness"..plus paid sticker.. 

Isa_Bella
2 hours ago, elyssia said:

It depends on how regular they are in joining me. For the regular ones, I will usually look through their song list and try to join every now and then if I can find a song which I am familiar with. I will try to find an OC with fewer parts that we have to sing together. 

When they join me, I will definitely spend some time to listen to them and at least say thank you in my comment. 

Thats why I said it previously... it depends on everyone's circumstances.. but for me I'm not bothered if my join was not listened too.. I collab, I enjoyed the song, happy thats all it matters..coz you dont actually know the reason why..just give the benefit of the doubt.. so that everyone are happy.. 

Lou ELVIS

Here's the truth NO ONE CARES HOW GOOD OF SINGER YOU ARE ! we're here to make friends and ENJOY THE  SITE🙂  I have sang with some of the worst singers🤮 who ever tried to carry a tune 😖 but I still sent them thumbs up👍 or star FOR TRYING ! cuz it makes their day... and isn't that what it's all about FRIENDS in the end 😉 HAPPY SINGING EVERYONE👍

Edited by Lou ELVIS
Typo
  • thank you! 1

My2CentsWorth
3 hours ago, Lou ELVIS said:

Here's the truth NO ONE CARES HOW GOOD OF SINGER YOU ARE ! we're here to make friends and ENJOY THE  SITE🙂  

I have to disagree with you ; a song is better on the ears when people sing it well. 

3 hours ago, Lou ELVIS said:

I have sang with some of the worst singers🤮 who ever tried to carry a tune 😖 but I still sent them thumbs up👍 or star FOR TRYING ! cuz it makes their day... 

Good for you to make their day and encourage them, but I have seen comments that are blatantly fake. I wonder if the person even listened to the join or just did the courtesy of commenting in the positive just so he can keep up the follower count 

• like 4

Lou ELVIS

I agree some listen some don't it's you as a person that decides that it's nice to have a following if I do great if I don't still great cuz I'm here to have fun and bring happiness to all through the gift of song and the day it's no longer fun im done 🙂 HAPPY SINGING👍

• like 1
  • love it! 1

Joshua96813
On 11/22/2021 at 2:45 PM, My2CentsWorth said:

I have to disagree with you ; a song is better on the ears when people sing it well. 

Good for you to make their day and encourage them, but I have seen comments that are blatantly fake. I wonder if the person even listened to the join or just did the courtesy of commenting in the positive just so he can keep up the follower count 

I've seen people sing in karaoke bars who are great vocalists, but their performance is so emotionless and boring, that everyone is falling asleep by the time they get to the end of the song, and they only get some polite applause. Conversely, I've seen people who are terrible singers, but they're performance is so entertaining that everyone loves it, and goes wild with encouragement and applause. Social singing and karaoke is more about the enjoyment of singing than it is about how well you sing.

• like 2

sdr
4 hours ago, Joshua96813 said:

I've seen people sing in karaoke bars who are great vocalists, but their performance is so emotionless and boring, that everyone is falling asleep by the time they get to the end of the song, ...

Karaoke bars and smule singing are different in that in bars you sing in front of a crowd but in smule it is a one-to-one affair. In smule, people listen separately to your singing without caring about how others feel about it. Even in the case of public invites this is true. The inviter sings to the joiner and the joiner sings in return. Rarely anybody else except the two listens to the recording. So the crowd effect is absent in smule.

Smule consists of a relatively small number of bad singers, a large majority of mediocres and again a small number of good singers. The bad ones enjoy listening to other bad, mediocre and good singers, the mediocres enjoy other mediocres and good singers, the good singers appreciate only other good singers. Hence the mediocres appear to be more famous in number of followers and joins. It is difficult for a bad singer to differentiate between a mediocre and good singer and same is the case for a mediocre in recognising a good singer. In this situation it is difficult to have a real estimate of how good you are from smule participations. You are left with your own assessment of your singing capabilities and other sources outside smule. 

👍

Edited by sdr
  • like 2
  • love it! 1

• 4 weeks later...
Rogerlococo2020

most people out of tune they don't even know it. thats the problem. they think they sing very good🤣and if I tell them that they out off tune then they will hate me forever and will never join me again. I don't care if they will join me again or not I'm just keeping away from arguring and troubles,so I rather don't say anything

Joshua96813

If someone joins your collab and sings with you, it's more than likely it's because they enjoyed singing with you. It doesn't matter whether they sing good or not, at least have the courtesy to leave a comment saying "thank you for joining me." You don't even have to hit the "Like" button. Ignoring people, or worse yet, criticizing them, makes them feel bad and makes you come across as an elitist, self-righteous snob. In case you hadn't noticed Smule's tag line, it's "Smule – The Social Singing App." If you're a talented vocalist, that's fine. But if you only want to sing with other great singers, then perhaps Smule isn't the place for you to be. (BTW, if you don't want just anybody joining you, change the privacy setting on your collab from "Public" to "Private" and then send out invites only to those people whom you'd like to have join you.)

• like 1

TheMajesticM
17 hours ago, Rogerlococo2020 said:

most people out of tune they don't even know it. thats the problem. they think they sing very good🤣and if I tell them that they out off tune then they will hate me forever and will never join me again. I don't care if they will join me again or not I'm just keeping away from arguring and troubles,so I rather don't say anything

You’re not doing any concerts maybe you’re speaking of yourself. You’re on an app. I find your comment rude. I think this whole thread is rude. Who do you critics think you are? Sadly this is the mentality of so many users on the app (not all), reason I think the app is struggling. 

Rogerlococo2020
6 minutes ago, TheMajesticM said:

You’re not doing any concerts maybe you’re speaking of yourself. You’re on an app. I find your comment rude. I think this whole thread is rude. Who do you critics think you are? Sadly this is the mentality of so many users on the app (not all), reason I think the app is struggling. 

if I show you my profile on smule and when you realize how many followers and joiners I always have then you will definitely shut up and will have much more respect to me, what I'm saying is just a truth and I know the truth hurts, it doesn't matter what you think at all and I'm pretty sure that you are one the out of tune people thats why you can't handle the truth😏  you are the one whos being rude to me. not me 😜   Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius.” ― Arthur Conan Doyle 

• like 1
  • haha 2

Rogerlococo2020
16 hours ago, Joshua96813 said:

If someone joins your collab and sings with you, it's more than likely it's because they enjoyed singing with you. It doesn't matter whether they sing good or not, at least have the courtesy to leave a comment saying "thank you for joining me." You don't even have to hit the "Like" button. Ignoring people, or worse yet, criticizing them, makes them feel bad and makes you come across as an elitist, self-righteous snob. In case you hadn't noticed Smule's tag line, it's "Smule – The Social Singing App." If you're a talented vocalist, that's fine. But if you only want to sing with other great singers, then perhaps Smule isn't the place for you to be. (BTW, if you don't want just anybody joining you, change the privacy setting on your collab from "Public" to "Private" and then send out invites only to those people whom you'd like to have join you.)

Yes I'm the taltend one and I have more than 100k followers and my songs always have over hundred joiners, for me the truth is truth, I cannot leave fake comment to tell them they sing so good because the 99% of them are out of tune and they have no idea at all, I was so surprsed that smule is a globally singing app then why you can barely find somebody who can sing? people love joining me to release their stress, you can see a lot of people put that in their status, "singing is my stress reliever" I prove them the way to release and I do not think that I need to thank them at all. in fact they should thank me for singing for them. like some people said starmaker is better than smule and they said true talent will not sing at smule for wasting time, they will sing at hollywood. well I guess smule need somebody like me cuz I never wanted to be famous I don't care about money and fame;)

Rogerlococo2020
16 hours ago, Joshua96813 said:

nothing personal my friend, for the most of you always only have 1 or 2 joiners of your recordings. its hard to understand someone like me, and its all about the Level.

Rogerlococo2020

and its a real hard job for just to comment to my joiners :thank you for joining me." when you have over hundred joiners in each of your songs. I would have notime to eat or sleep if I do that to my every joiner😂

TheMajesticM
7 hours ago, Rogerlococo2020 said:

Yes I'm the taltend one and I have more than 100k followers and my songs always have over hundred joiners, for me the truth is truth, I cannot leave fake comment to tell them they sing so good because the 99% of them are out of tune and they have no idea at all, I was so surprsed that smule is a globally singing app then why you can barely find somebody who can sing? people love joining me to release their stress, you can see a lot of people put that in their status, "singing is my stress reliever" I prove them the way to release and I do not think that I need to thank them at all. in fact they should thank me for singing for them. like some people said starmaker is better than smule and they said true talent will not sing at smule for wasting time, they will sing at hollywood. well I guess smule need somebody like me cuz I never wanted to be famous I don't care about money and fame;)

@Rogerlococo2020 - Calm yourself. And out of those followers let me tell you some truths— most are fake! I have followers blocked because they’re not active and I can tell the difference between real and bots. I actually have more bots blocked than followers. I am not here to argue but if you’re self worth is based on how many followers you have on an app that says more than I can ever say. 

My2CentsWorth

I am very curious now about this 'famous' Rogerlococo who has more than 100k followers.  

Would he care to share his smule acct so I can hear how wonderful he sounds a and perhaps add my 2 cents worth of voice to his songs?

• like 1
  • haha 2