Out of Tune Singers..

Ysabel_aus2019

I normally join or collab back  to all my VIP joiners... This is my question... if your joiner is OUT of TUNE do you sing with them? or just give them paid stickers?? just to say thanks  I appreciate your  joining.. . 

5 hours ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

I normally join or collab back  to all my VIP joiners... This is my question... if your joiner is OUT of TUNE do you sing with them? or just give them paid stickers?? just to say thanks  I appreciate your  joining.. . 

It depends on how regular they are in joining me. For the regular ones, I will usually look through their song list and try to join every now and then if I can find a song which I am familiar with. I will try to find an OC with fewer parts that we have to sing together. 

When they join me, I will definitely spend some time to listen to them and at least say thank you in my comment. 

• like 2

7 hours ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

I guess it depends on your valuation of the singer. If you consider it worthwhile in some way go ahead and join, they would love it. One thing I have seen is that rarely does one discourage a joiner in a comment. It's always a 'Thank you for joining so beautifully' for even the worst join. I think it does make the joiner feel better with no cost to you.

• like 1

24 minutes ago, sdr said:

I guess it depends on your valuation of the singer. If you consider it worthwhile in some way go ahead and join, they would love it. One thing I have seen is that rarely does one discourage a joiner in a comment. It's always a 'Thank you for joining so beautifully' for even the worst join. I think it does make the joiner feel better with no cost to you.

So true... Yes I do that... Like I would say... "Thanks so much for the awesomeness"..plus paid sticker.. 

2 hours ago, elyssia said:

It depends on how regular they are in joining me. For the regular ones, I will usually look through their song list and try to join every now and then if I can find a song which I am familiar with. I will try to find an OC with fewer parts that we have to sing together. 

When they join me, I will definitely spend some time to listen to them and at least say thank you in my comment. 

Thats why I said it previously... it depends on everyone's circumstances.. but for me I'm not bothered if my join was not listened too.. I collab, I enjoyed the song, happy thats all it matters..coz you dont actually know the reason why..just give the benefit of the doubt.. so that everyone are happy.. 

Here's the truth NO ONE CARES HOW GOOD OF SINGER YOU ARE ! we're here to make friends and ENJOY THE  SITE🙂  I have sang with some of the worst singers🤮 who ever tried to carry a tune 😖 but I still sent them thumbs up👍 or star FOR TRYING ! cuz it makes their day... and isn't that what it's all about FRIENDS in the end 😉 HAPPY SINGING EVERYONE👍

Edited by Lou ELVIS
Typo
  • thank you! 1

3 hours ago, Lou ELVIS said:

Here's the truth NO ONE CARES HOW GOOD OF SINGER YOU ARE ! we're here to make friends and ENJOY THE  SITE🙂  

I have to disagree with you ; a song is better on the ears when people sing it well. 

3 hours ago, Lou ELVIS said:

I have sang with some of the worst singers🤮 who ever tried to carry a tune 😖 but I still sent them thumbs up👍 or star FOR TRYING ! cuz it makes their day... 

Good for you to make their day and encourage them, but I have seen comments that are blatantly fake. I wonder if the person even listened to the join or just did the courtesy of commenting in the positive just so he can keep up the follower count 

• like 2

I agree some listen some don't it's you as a person that decides that it's nice to have a following if I do great if I don't still great cuz I'm here to have fun and bring happiness to all through the gift of song and the day it's no longer fun im done 🙂 HAPPY SINGING👍

• like 1
  • love it! 1

On 11/22/2021 at 2:45 PM, My2CentsWorth said:

I have to disagree with you ; a song is better on the ears when people sing it well. 

Good for you to make their day and encourage them, but I have seen comments that are blatantly fake. I wonder if the person even listened to the join or just did the courtesy of commenting in the positive just so he can keep up the follower count 

I've seen people sing in karaoke bars who are great vocalists, but their performance is so emotionless and boring, that everyone is falling asleep by the time they get to the end of the song, and they only get some polite applause. Conversely, I've seen people who are terrible singers, but they're performance is so entertaining that everyone loves it, and goes wild with encouragement and applause. Social singing and karaoke is more about the enjoyment of singing than it is about how well you sing.

• like 1

4 hours ago, Joshua96813 said:

I've seen people sing in karaoke bars who are great vocalists, but their performance is so emotionless and boring, that everyone is falling asleep by the time they get to the end of the song, ...

Karaoke bars and smule singing are different in that in bars you sing in front of a crowd but in smule it is a one-to-one affair. In smule, people listen separately to your singing without caring about how others feel about it. Even in the case of public invites this is true. The inviter sings to the joiner and the joiner sings in return. Rarely anybody else except the two listens to the recording. So the crowd effect is absent in smule.

Smule consists of a relatively small number of bad singers, a large majority of mediocres and again a small number of good singers. The bad ones enjoy listening to other bad, mediocre and good singers, the mediocres enjoy other mediocres and good singers, the good singers appreciate only other good singers. Hence the mediocres appear to be more famous in number of followers and joins. It is difficult for a bad singer to differentiate between a mediocre and good singer and same is the case for a mediocre in recognising a good singer. In this situation it is difficult to have a real estimate of how good you are from smule participations. You are left with your own assessment of your singing capabilities and other sources outside smule. 

👍

Edited by sdr
  • love it! 1