Favourite Voice FX

elyssia

There are so many voice fx available nowadays...which is your favourite? It will be great if you can share the type of mic you are using as well as the setting for reverb.

For me, I always alternate between Super Studio reverb character 20 reverb amount 20 and Super Studio + Classic reverb character 20 reverb amt 18. I am using Apple earphones.

Isa_Bella

For me I created my own style..through  (Super Studio) Reverb character = 45,  Reverb Amount = 25... I also use a Samson Track Pro Condenser Mic..But now if you have the latest Smule update you cant change the FX anymore according to your style of singing. BUT you can actually override the default style.. by clicking  the mic on the top right hand side and it will show you all the styles..you can chose what style  you want but you cant change the FX..

Lou ELVIS

Myself I feel not to rely on Smule FX with them you are Unlimited in your creativity an external mixer with Bluetooth can hook to your phone and then you can use the effects on the mixer and get much better control of the sound I will be testing this on Smule when it arrives

Screenshot_20211105-102749.png

• like 1

elyssia
27 minutes ago, Ysabel_aus2019 said:

For me I created my own style..through  (Super Studio) Reverb character = 45,  Reverb Amount = 25... I also use a Samson Track Pro Condenser Mic..But now if you have the latest Smule update you cant change the FX anymore according to your style of singing. BUT you can actually override the default style.. by clicking  the mic on the top right hand side and it will show you all the styles..you can chose what style  you want but you cant change the FX..

I have the latest update and I am still able to change the fx though. Just need to click on the Voice FX symbol followed by Edit...from there, I can select the amount of reverb

elyssia
25 minutes ago, Lou ELVIS said:

Myself I feel not to rely on Smule FX with them you are Unlimited in your creativity an external mixer with Bluetooth can hook to your phone and then you can use the effects on the mixer and get much better control of the sound I will be testing this on Smule when it arrives

Screenshot_20211105-102749.png

Wow this looks cool but complicated haha. I only have an apple earphones to sing 🤣

elyssia
2 hours ago, Lou ELVIS said:

For me I like the Doubler

I tried this once before but my voice becomes all garbled...

Lou ELVIS

That's what's nice about a mixer you can set your parameters hear your sound your vocals but if you're limited on money I would get an iRig mic pre for your Apple phone a cheap XLR mic cable and a cheap mic it will always outdo headphone something to think about happy Singing and best of all it's not complicated...lol

• 2 weeks later...
Isa_Bella
On 11/10/2021 at 10:43 PM, elyssia said:

I have the latest update and I am still able to change the fx though. Just need to click on the Voice FX symbol followed by Edit...from there, I can select the amount of reverb

Yes you can now.. with the latest update..

• like 1