Invitations from people I don't follow

Aargo2017

Of late I am getting several invites from people whom I don't follow. I am aware that such people can send their invites to my inbox. But these invites are landing up in my Invitations  tab not in my Inbox. I am also aware that if the people are verified singers endorsed by Smule,  their invites may show up below Invitation tab, but these people are not verified singers. As a result I may miss out invites from people whom I follow. Is anyone else facing this problem ?

opentype

I haven’t heard of that problem before. 

Have you reported it to Smule? Should be easy to investigate if you tell them whose invites you see, despite not following them. 

_RamKrish1012
50 minutes ago, Aargo2017 said:

Of late I am getting several invites from people whom I don't follow. I am aware that such people can send their invites to my inbox. But these invites are landing up in my Invitations  tab not in my Inbox. I am also aware that if the people are verified singers endorsed by Smule,  their invites may show up below Invitation tab, but these people are not verified singers. As a result I may miss out invites from people whom I follow. Is anyone else facing this problem ?

Interesting. This has not happened to me in last 4 years. Only way People I do not follow can invite me is in my Messages Inbox and that too under Others Classification (others meaning people I do not follow)

Is this happening in IoS meaning iPhone or Android. If it is IoS I think it might be linked to all the stuff ups we are all enduring with the mew Face Lift to the Profile Page.

I just checked both my iPad and Samsung and see only invites from people I follow

Aargo2017
On 9/18/2021 at 1:54 PM, opentype said:

I haven’t heard of that problem before. 

Have you reported it to Smule? Should be easy to investigate if you tell them whose invites you see, despite not following them. 

No not yet. Will do so. Wanted to check up with the folks here.

Aargo2017
On 9/18/2021 at 2:45 PM, _RamKrish1012 said:

Interesting. This has not happened to me in last 4 years. Only way People I do not follow can invite me is in my Messages Inbox and that too under Others Classification (others meaning people I do not follow)

Is this happening in IoS meaning iPhone or Android. If it is IoS I think it might be linked to all the stuff ups we are all enduring with the mew Face Lift to the Profile Page.

I just checked both my iPad and Samsung and see only invites from people I follow

I have an ancient iPad 4 with iOS 10.xxx , which does not upgrade to new Smule versions (thankfully, going by the problems which folks are facing with the new Facelift). I will report my issue to Smule. Just wanted to check up first with the folks around here.

_RamKrish1012
1 hour ago, Aargo2017 said:

I have an ancient iPad 4 with iOS 10.xxx , which does not upgrade to new Smule versions (thankfully, going by the problems which folks are facing with the new Facelift). I will report my issue to Smule. Just wanted to check up first with the folks around here.

Aren't you lucky. I am thinking of using my very very old iPad that bis lying in a box some where.  Iwanted to look at invites I had sent out and had no clue where to find them. Earlier on I could see them at the bottom below my book marked invites. not any more 😂

On 9/18/2021 at 4:19 PM, Aargo2017 said:

I have had 2 such invites - and yes I have checked that that person wasn't a verified singer. It is really odd but it only happened twice.

I am adamant Smule has technical glitches - this being one of them and the other is the following/unfollowing list. It isn't very fun when a smule friend asks why did you unfollow him/her when you clearly did not, but your name isn't appearing on their list. 

Aargo2017
8 hours ago, Guest Asbco said:

I have had 2 such invites - and yes I have checked that that person wasn't a verified singer. It is really odd but it only happened twice.

I am adamant Smule has technical glitches - this being one of them and the other is the following/unfollowing list. It isn't very fun when a smule friend asks why did you unfollow him/her when you clearly did not, but your name isn't appearing on their list. 

I have faced the issue of such unsolicited invites at least 4 or 5 times over the last 1 year. And I too have faced the follow/unfollow problem a few times. I agree with you that Smule has technical glitches. I don't think they do a proper regression test when they release a new feature or fix a bug.