Smule World Map for Audios showing Singers in wrong Countries

_RamKrish1012

When you record Audio Only to invites on Smule and play them at a later date, it shows friends in India in San Francisco, Another Friend in Tanzania Africa is shown to be singing from Florida. A lady joined my invite from Kazakhastan and she is shown to be Singing from India... How can Smule Software get it all so wrong ?

Crazy but TRUE

opentype

It’s based on the location data of the device. Some people turn that off for Smule or entirely and they might be shown at a generic address for the internet provider or in San Francisco, where Smule is located. Some people also use VPNs, which are specifically meant to fake a location. 

So it will only work correctly if users actually don’t hide their location in any way. 

DuetWithAlli

I’ve noticed this before. Often my Indonesian friends show up in California. And I don’t allow Smule to use my location. It shows me in the US, in the middle of the country and close to the Canadian border, which may or may not be my actual location.

Edit: I just noticed it says what may or may not be my actual location under my name here on Sing Salon lol

Edited by DuetWithAlli