What is a respectable amount of time to give an inactive account before assuming it's abandoned?

yaunti

I tried looking for this before posting. I understand that with covid, people's lifes have gotten more complicated. I wanna go through and remove all the abandoned accounts I follow. With the current situation, how much time should I give people. Prior to covid, I would've given a user six months. Just because I don't know people's situations.

_RamKrish1012

We do not get invites, notifications or comments from inactive accounts; so why bother deleting  them ? People give up for many months and then get back some with a bang and others in a quiet way. Basically I follow singers I like  and limit the numbers to under 100. Any one sending say 25 invites in a week end, I unfollow them straight away assuming the individual is chasing numbers and playing the numbers game. Any way that is an Old Mans line of thinking 🤪

yaunti
5 minutes ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

We do not get invites, notifications or comments from inactive accounts; so why bother deleting  them ? People give up for many months and then get back some with a bang and others in a quiet way. Basically I follow singers I like  and limit the numbers to under 100. Any one sending say 25 invites in a week end, I unfollow them straight away assuming the individual is chasing numbers and playing the numbers game. Any way that is an Old Mans line of thinking 🤪

I open anywhere I average 0-5 openings a day and some weeks I might open 70. This week I opened my favorite Bon Jovi, Def leppard, and Ace of Base songs (on different days) so I know I opened over that. It's not normal but I wanted to sing and open them. You probably would've unfollowed me and that's ok.

If I wanna sing specific songs and can't find it open, I'm gonna open them instead of just singing what's trending. I notice the same handful of songs constantly in my notification feed. It's too the point, I find them played out.

I maybe get 10 inbox notifications a week and never really gave much concern to how many songs I'm getting invited to via notifications, with exception that I may miss some users if I'm off for a couple of days because I don't always have the patience to go through days of notifications. Some people only open 2-3 songs a week.

As far as the inactive accounts. I noticed some of the accounts I was following had been inactive for 3 or 4 years. I doubt they're ever coming back. I left for a year, so I could be wrong. The app was still using tokens to open songs when I left. I didn't like that.

Lately I noticed I was singing with like the same 10 people I follow. I never really gave much thought to going through and checking my followers until recently when I started checking to see if users had opened songs and noticed accounts were inactive for a while. I set a limit for myself of 250 people to follow, that way I could keep track of invite notifications.

If people keep following inactive accounts that's cool. Outside the few people I know in the real world, I want to keep the accounts active. I don't want to have to miss out on singing with new people because someone I enjoy singing with left smule. It's just how I wanna run my account.

That's why I said I would've given six months prior to covid, I was just too lazy and never got close to the 250 number until recently. So I went in and unfollowed 18 accounts that were inactive for 2-4 years. I also just started using the feed part of the app about a month ago. I was curious what it was for. Getting on for just singing, I never gave much care to anything but the songbook, notifications, and my profile on the menu bar. Those have been the only 3 munu buttons I use on smule. 

Again, I just never thought about actually checking to see if people left their accounts, so I am massively behind. But I guess the original question was for the people that do unfollow users for extreme long periods of inactivity and what they consider extreme.

Slomezjrjr

Are you trying to remove just accounts of people not using Smule anymore? I'd say give 6 months, if somebody is gone that long they are gone for good.  Dont be worried about offending people, just tell them if they come back that you thought they died and it's great that they didn't.  Then just block them.  

• like 1

yaunti
3 hours ago, Slomezjrjr said:

Are you trying to remove just accounts of people not using Smule anymore? I'd say give 6 months, if somebody is gone that long they are gone for good.  Dont be worried about offending people, just tell them if they come back that you thought they died and it's great that they didn't.  Then just block them.  

Thanks, I don't think I'd block them if they came back unless they started harassing me. I think majority of the people I follow or followed are pretty chill for the most part. Half a year still does seem fair. Thanks again.

Rogerlococo2020

You have no idea when they will come back. Some people been gone for 4 years then suddenly came back to sing with me😆