Smule No longer User Friendly

OMG_Roy

I understand why some things need a transformation. But one thing I don't know where the basis originated. How did these Smule developers come up with an idea to change everything drastically without providing instruction on how to use this new "Style Studio." I have been looking everywhere to figure out how to use this new app. You can't even provide feedback. Why is it that once I open the app, I see other people's performance? How can I access my to at least enjoy the new app? Where's the help button or the "how-to." Can somebody please explain?! I am baffled. Logic Pro and Bandlab are much easier to use. Smule, unfortunately, became more anti-user. Please explain. The change reminded me of Windows XP to Windows 10.

Edited by OMG_Roy

Kuntryjunky

I don't have too much to offer except that now your audio themes and color themes are a combined theme, so for instance you'll choose super studio, and now that means you have the old basic color schemes that were called vintage, and selfie and all that. Instead of named schemes, you just get a slider dial (called "color") that brings you through all of the colors. For audio, reverb and reverb character are now the new reverb and room size sliders. I used to use something like 17/25 on Super Studio, and now I'm using 0.2/0.3. If you choose something like Rio, it's the same thing with your sliders, but now you get the fancy animations and bubbles that Rio has. 

One thing that took me a while to figure out, is that the magic wand is now a slider dial. I believe it's called airbrush. It's cranked up to the fullest by default, which means it will paint all of your hair together to where it's one piece, like a Lego person 🤣. Just slide it down to the bottom, and it's the same thing as unclicking the magic wand.

It's a shame, but you will have to move these sliders around every single time you open Smule to sing, unless there's a save settings button that I've missed. 🙁

No clue as to why your immediately in someone's performance when you open the app. I don't know where they provide any help on the app for the new features either. I think the best help is right here. I hope I didn't mix anything up between the new update and the iPhone. I started using the iPhone in conjunction with the latest update, so it's possible some of the things I'm assuming came from the update are model-specific things. 

Kuntryjunky

I found this thread on the forums with a couple of tutorials after I replied. I thought I'd place the URL in here in case you haven't seen. Tutorial compliments of Babydoll0401. 

• 4 months later...
pakujan

I didn't felt the so-called new feature was useful, so i revert to older version by uninstalling smule app, download older version from other site, e.g. uptodown, and install it in my phone. problem solved.

you have to be very careful tho'. choose trusted site only if you want to do just like i did.