Someone is changing the names of songs I upload

Julianalac

I have noticed it is common that the names of the songs I upload end up being duplicated (e.g. "Baby One More Time" becomes "Baby One More Time - Baby One More Time". What's that about??).

But some song namesĀ are just flat out completely modified. Anybody else experienced that? And no I can't fix it, I try to edit it and it's impossible.

FYI I noticed this happens A LOT to "Fast Car", by Tracy Chapman. Whenever I looked for this song in Smule, I would see the artist's photo, but this weird name "Every time a car drives by" by a "Samuel Salter". It seems that someone (a crazy hacker obsessed by Tracy Chapman??) searches for all songs called "Fast Car" and changes them to this other artist. This is the artist:Ā https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dg0kJ7vgpw

Is this a hacker thing or a crazy algorithm glitch??

Ā 

Ā 

Fast Car.PNG

opentype
12 hours ago, Julianalac said:

I try to edit it and it's impossible.

What does that mean exactly? The screenshot shows that the edit options is there. What problems are you having exactly? Have you tried a different browser?Ā 

Regarding having completely different names show up, you should contact Smule.Ā 

Julianalac
39 minutes ago, opentype said:

What does that mean exactly? The screenshot shows that the edit options is there. What problems are you having exactly? Have you tried a different browser?Ā 

Regarding having completely different names show up, you should contact Smule.Ā 

The part I have highlighted in the screenshot is locked, it wonā€™t let me edit. The only thing I can edit is the black part where it still says ā€œfast carā€, but thatā€™s the correct name! Usually if you edit the part in black, the part in grey above will follow suit, but not in this case. I have contacted Smule.

linnette949

Yes, I have experienced the same thing.Ā  Ā "The Jack" by AC/DC I uploaded.Ā  It was changed to "Buona Fortuna, Jack - The Jack"Ā by Ennio Morricone.Ā  Totally different artist and song!Ā  I can usually edit the titles of songs I upload.Ā  But, in this case, I could NOT.Ā  So, I deleted my upload and then uploaded the song all over again, which is a hassle, takes awhile to get it right.Ā  And, you know what, the title was changed AGAIN to the "Buona Fortuna ..." with no way to edit it.Ā  WTH is up with that?

Julianalac
2 hours ago, Danny_McSmule said:

It happens all the time. Itā€™s a licensing issue. I think itā€™s Smule staff altering titles and/or artists to avoid being detected as a song that violates licensing laws. So sshhhh!

image.png

This actually makes a lot of sense, lol. If that is the case Iā€™ll let it go! šŸ˜‚

Julianalac
8 hours ago, linnette949 said:

Yes, I have experienced the same thing.Ā  Ā "The Jack" by AC/DC I uploaded.Ā  It was changed to "Buona Fortuna, Jack - The Jack"Ā by Ennio Morricone.Ā  Totally different artist and song!Ā  I can usually edit the titles of songs I upload.Ā  But, in this case, I could NOT.Ā  So, I deleted my upload and then uploaded the song all over again, which is a hassle, takes awhile to get it right.Ā  And, you know what, the title was changed AGAIN to the "Buona Fortuna ..." with no way to edit it.Ā  WTH is up with that?

Lol I feel your pain, this sucks! Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not the only one going through this!

Dean_UK

thatā€™s annoying when it happens i uploaded under the bridge song and it keeps getting name changed itā€™s annoyingĀ