Voice delay or ahead or off track from tempo of the Song.

RaghuDubai

I am facing voice delay problem in smule sing app. While singing i could very well sync with tempo however after saving it I could hear voice delay..either my voice behind the tempo or ahead tempo of the song..how to solve it? please help.
I tried changing 3 to 4 different mic and headset and uninstalling and reinstalling app again and again..still same result. please help...

opentype

You are on Android, right? I’ve heard Android users complain about that. It’s probably just a bug of the app. I am not aware of any fix you can deploy yourself. 

• like 1
  • sad 1

RaghuDubai
Just now, opentype said:

You are on Android, right? I’ve heard Android users complain about that. It’s probably just a bug of the app. I am not aware of any fix you can deploy yourself. 

Yes. Android. Even smule developers replied me the same upon my query. Literally frustrated as I cant sing.Lets wait and watch then.

Thank you!!1

Ganesh Kumar

Hi,

I too have this problem, i am using android phone. But this is not for all the songs. at times this happens. I am not sure if this helps. There is a small white triangle mark which moves as you sing or make a noise, i noticed that this stays at the bottom before the song starts. when there is some noise or when the music starts this moves accordingly. whenever i have this tempo issue i noticed that white triangle stays at the top before the music starts, then i did adjust the earphone/headphone jack and restart the song, i see it staying at the bottom and the recording goes well. this may sound weird.. but if it works...you should be happy :). but this is something to do with the ear/head phones... good luck my friend... happy singing ...

• love it! 1

RaghuDubai

Thank you Ganesh! 

Really appreciate your observation. Though its minute but it should serve the purpose. Let me check and revert you.

• 4 months later...
Priya20coool

I am an android user too, and I had the same issue. But found how to rectify that. After recording the whole song, it shows options to hear and do corrections and studio settings. There is double diamond icon which helps you to adjust just our tempo. Keep moving that until you find your voice and the song synced. It measures in microseconds which is very accurate. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Maloofy

I have this problem as well (Android user), what I do is find where it sync in the editing station, then forward the Vocal match somewhere around 30 ms so it's not as synced as before, and when I save, it becomes somewhat synced, because when I save, the voice is earlier than it should be. I'm not sure if that's what happens for you all, but it doesn't always work. Sad ;^;

Maloofy
On 4/24/2017 at 6:35 AM, Ganesh Kumar said:

Hi,

I too have this problem, i am using android phone. But this is not for all the songs. at times this happens. I am not sure if this helps. There is a small white triangle mark which moves as you sing or make a noise, i noticed that this stays at the bottom before the song starts. when there is some noise or when the music starts this moves accordingly. whenever i have this tempo issue i noticed that white triangle stays at the top before the music starts, then i did adjust the earphone/headphone jack and restart the song, i see it staying at the bottom and the recording goes well. this may sound weird.. but if it works...you should be happy :). but this is something to do with the ear/head phones... good luck my friend... happy singing ...

Sounds legitimate, but not every song has the triangle, for example, a freestyle. But it works on those that do have one, so thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Keulisi__

I have the same prob but on Apple, it was fine when I used my old headphones but, those broke later on. 

Now I have new ones, it’s the same headphones but, the headphone jack is where the charger slot goes in. 

Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Edited by Keulisi__
‘Your content will need to be approved by moderator?’

opentype
6 hours ago, Keulisi__ said:

Now I have new ones …

Which ones?

There shouldn’t be any lag on Apple devices. If the specific mic creates one, there probably isn’t any way around it. 

• 11 months later...
Samurai
On 1/9/2018 at 7:49 PM, Keulisi__ said:

I have the same prob but on Apple, it was fine when I used my old headphones but, those broke later on. 

Now I have new ones, it’s the same headphones but, the headphone jack is where the charger slot goes in. 

Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Are you using Bluetooth headphones? I am on a Pixel 3XL, which I didn't notice any problem when I just causally playing the app without headphones. But when I put on my Bluetooth ear buds, the latency became really bad ... but when I think about it, it totally makes sense. The latency isn't caused by the smule app and the phone, but the delay from Bluetooth! When you are recording, you are listening to a delayed version of the song, therefore smule will record your delayed voice. However, when the app processes your recording, it will combine the original song with your delayed voice! 

• 1 month later...
BrainDad

I used to have that issue, when using bluetooth earbuds in android. Even sliding the sync tool at maximum, sometimes wasn't enough.

Also, when I had an antedeluvian phone, video OCs where just too much for it, and sync problems where common.

If you use regular (jack) headphones, and the smartphone is not too bad, you shouldn't have trouble with sync, or at least you will be able to fix it with the diamond sync tool at review time. 

_RamKrish1012

On my Samsung 7, I set  the time lag at -275 milli seconds permanently and seems to work effectively.

If you are using some other phone you have to figure this out the hard way.

For original recordings try SS 30/70

For joining Duets use setting used by first singer. If they have not mentioned anything suggest SS 40/60

Hope this helps

Ram

Sydney

• 7 months later...
ELVIS_USA

Check your data speed data speeds are known to slow down at the end of the your billing cycle when this happens contact your provider and ask him what data speed is used by your phone and explain that your phone has been lagging hope this helps.

ELVIS_USA

Note I am a Android User to and have experienced the same problem within a couple of days it was gone and everything was back to normal

• 1 year later...
AlexanderPrinc15

Frustrating. Started yesterday after months of no problem. If I can't fix it. I am just scrapping the app. No use. They should have e figured this out by now. Also, you record a song and at times it pops up, 'oh no. Something did not download or something. Try again.' Really makes me see fire. They can put this whole thing together, charge and then all these problems. Of course they conveniently have no contact

• 2 weeks later...
KC Kannan

This happened to a few of my recordings last week on my Android phone. I uninstalled, restarted my phone, reinstalled. I haven't seen it since then..I hope it doesn't come back 🥴

Kuntryjunky
On 10/11/2020 at 6:53 PM, AlexanderPrinc15 said:

Also, you record a song and at times it pops up, 'oh no. Something did not download or something. Try again.' Really makes me see fire. They can put this whole thing together, charge and then all these problems. Of course they conveniently have no contact

This happened to me on both my S8 and S10 many times, and I figured out that if I restarted my recording, it would cause the "oh no" thing, 9 times out of 10. I also had it happen once when I paused mid-recording, and I never paused again. It's possible that one time was just a fluke though. Not enough repetition to say for sure. 

What I can say for sure is that if I don't pause a recording, and if I don't restart the recording if I mess up or don't like it, I don't get the "oh no" issue and lose my song. With my Androids, I got in the habit of completely exiting the song if I messed up, and then scrolling through all of my bookmarked invites again, to find it and open it up as a new recording again. It's annoying, especially now that we have to choose our settings every single time we sing; but when I started doing this, I stopped losing songs that I wanted to save. 

It's not happening to me now that I started singing on an iPhone.  It seems to be another Android only issue, but if the same solution is working for others, then at least there's a tedious workaround for this one. 

• 1 month later...
ramkakelvr

I keep hearing on this forum '...oh, that is an Android only issue ...' as though Android phones are used only by a small set of people. I read the same reaction on couple of other topics. If Smule is supported only on Apple products, they should tell us and Android users will stop using the app. It is not an acceptable response. 

I started seeing this weird delay in the last few days on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S10 and am unable to fix it. I tried time lag adjustment and still no use. 

opentype
12 minutes ago, ramkakelvr said:

I keep hearing on this forum '...oh, that is an Android only issue ...' as though Android phones are used only by a small set of people.

Sorry, but no one is ever saying that. Pointing out that certain Smule problems are Android-only is just a factual statement. It is no judgement about anything. 

Apple is simply much easier to develop for. Both hard- and software come from the same company and so things work together more smoothly and the the number of components is known and limited. On Android, you have Google software (the OS) and then dozens of other companies selling dozens of different Android phones with a shear unlimited number of components like cameras, microphones, processors, controllers and so on. It’s not a surprise that there are more problems when audio and video from virtually unknown hardware need to be combined and synced on the software-level. So that’s the reason why there are more problems on Android for apps like Smule. No one is saying it is not supported on Android. “More problems” doesn’t equal “no support”.