I get "Content Unavailable" messages - anyone know if it's a region lock?

Kaoru_Emi

Hello!  I'm hoping someone might be able to help me figure out why I keep getting "Content Unavailable" messages when I try to sing or join a song.  I'm located in the US, but I mostly sing in Japanese and a lot of my Sing friends are in Japan.  When I try to join or tap on a Japanese song, I'm now getting that message a lot.  As it is, I can't join in a lot of the invites I get from friends =( 

I tried looking for answers but wasn't able to find any... Does anyone know for sure if Smule is slowly region locking things?  I'm noticing that now it's asking me "is this a Japan song"? sometimes.  There were songs I definitely was able to access before that I can't now.

Would anyone know if there's something I can do to make sure I can keep singing in the language (and music genre) I like?  I sent Sing a help ticket inquiry and checked through their FAQs but I either missed any info or it's just not there...so I was hoping someone might be able to help me here.  Since one of Sing's appeal points is to be global, I'm hoping it's not a region lock... 

Info if helpful:  I'm using Sing on iOS 13 (iPhone 6S), I'm on a yearly VIP subscription, I keep the app pretty updated but I've gotten this message even after newly updating.

Thanks for any help in advance!  This has been worrying me for a while so I appreciate any and all help and insight! 

Edited by Kaoru_Emi
adding in info