How to find (and be found) people on smule (I mean, is registry mail address private?)

BrainDad

Hi, 

I'd like to know if I can find or be found by the registry mail address in smule.

I supose that address is private. I consider myself an average shy person, but I wouldn't like a video of me butchering Alexander Hamilton trending topic in my office :) :D

In other social apps, it is common developers add a feature to access to your mail contact list to find other smule users.

opentype

If you are worried about that, make sure you open an account with a unique email address just for Smule. 

The app does indeed match email addresses to show your friends to you and vice versa and uses data from social networks for that. 

• love it! 1

BrainDad

:D:D too late, I should have thought it at sign up time.

Well, I supose fame and fortune is unavoidable in the long term xD.

Anyway, let's reverse it: Do you know how can I tell smule to check my gmail contact list to find other smule users?

• 1 year later...
BrainDad

well, this is an old thread ... recently smule has added the feature of search in your contact list to find other smule users. Thus , although your email is not public, you can be found by your email.