How to remove somebody's layer in a group?

Whateverchick

I'm really pissed off now because I did a really good group collaboration with several people I knew then somebody joined it and completely ruined it! What makes me so mad is that I retried it so many times to get it perfect and this person just did whatever he wanted on it, not even considering the rules I set up for it. Now only I found out I could lock the song when it's too late. Just want to know how can you remove somebody's layer in a group collaboration and if not when is SMULE GOING TO ADD THAT FEATURE? I don't want to do this Group thing all over again and inconvenience everybody who joined. 

_SingSalon_

There is a trick regarding layers, but it probably won’t help in your case, since the person joining needs to do it:

For the option to let the person doing the OC delete layers, it won’t hurt to suggest it directly to Smule. I’m sure the number of people asking for a feature influences what they put in next:

https://www.smule.com/contact

• like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Tristan_CDC

I hAve the very same problem not in one but in several somgs ( it looks that most of the people making this mistakes in my somg, are Android users)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
_MalaikatNafisa_

Mrs_Trish

omg. you are absolutely right. it's a lesson learned for me anyway. last 2 days ago i was joining somebody's group collab and suddenly the user who invite the recording was totally pissed off over the recording that i had joined, not because of my voice, but the static noise that was produced from my earpiece mic and i wasn't totally aware of that because i could barely heard the noise. Due to fact that, there is no function to manually delete it on the apps, i had to email to smule team to remove myself from the group recording. hopefully they will fix the issue. 😢

I think smule developer needs to fix this issuee.

i would never again join group collab 😖😣

Edited by _MalaikatNafisa_
  • sad 1

• 1 month later...
Mrs_Trish
On 12/29/2017 at 1:07 PM, _MalaikatNafisa_ said:

Mrs_Trish

omg. you are absolutely right. it's a lesson learned for me anyway. last 2 days ago i was joining somebody's group collab and suddenly the user who invite the recording was totally pissed off over the recording that i had joined, not because of my voice, but the static noise that was produced from my earpiece mic and i wasn't totally aware of that because i could barely heard the noise. Due to fact that, there is no function to manually delete it on the apps, i had to email to smule team to remove myself from the group recording. hopefully they will fix the issue. 😢

I think smule developer needs to fix this issuee.

i would never again join group collab 😖😣

Wow 😮. People are so rude. I don’t care how crunchy your mic is, I would never be mad that someone joined my OC. I had someone once get mad at me for opening up an OC that I also sang harmony with. They were mad because I sang too much....ok? Don’t join if you’re gonna be snooty. 😂 It’s supposed to be fun...we’re not cutting an EP. 

• love it! 1
  • sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
_MalaikatNafisa_
On 2/5/2018 at 5:23 AM, Mrs_Trish said:

Wow 😮. People are so rude. I don’t care how crunchy your mic is, I would never be mad that someone joined my OC. I had someone once get mad at me for opening up an OC that I also sang harmony with. They were mad because I sang too much....ok? Don’t join if you’re gonna be snooty. 😂 It’s supposed to be fun...we’re not cutting an EP. 

yes you're right. they should listen to the OC first before they join and unreasonably get mad to people who opened up an OC. that's just so absurd.. :'(

• 3 weeks later...
Rachelkaraoke

Hi 

there are two ways to solve this problem 

one 

message the person concerned and ask them to hide their join ( easy on iOS I’m not sure about android) 

that involves some guts and a very calm temperament lol and it’s possible that the person can hide it if the group isn’t closed yet 

you would need to persuade the person to hide their join then after they do this someone needs to join either silently or with an extra part. This join will erase the offending join 

two 

you can ask smule to erase this persons join 

I think smule would need good reason to agree to doing it though. Not just they are out of tune etc noisy whatever. If smule think it was done purposely to sabotage your group maybe then they will erase the join for you 

they did it for us we had a very persistent troll ( only 10 but oh my god ) 

he just didn’t stop they deleted him over and over he kept making new users 

and would join our grouos and scream right over them all 

smule deleted his joins for us on a number of occasions 

if one smule customer service rep says no try again 

it is possible they are able to do it whether they say they are or not 

but I believe it has to be for good reason 

hope that helps for the future

• clever! 1

Mrs_Trish
5 hours ago, Rachelkaraoke said:

Hi 

there are two ways to solve this problem 

one 

message the person concerned and ask them to hide their join ( easy on iOS I’m not sure about android) 

that involves some guts and a very calm temperament lol and it’s possible that the person can hide it if the group isn’t closed yet 

you would need to persuade the person to hide their join then after they do this someone needs to join either silently or with an extra part. This join will erase the offending join 

two 

you can ask smule to erase this persons join 

I think smule would need good reason to agree to doing it though. Not just they are out of tune etc noisy whatever. If smule think it was done purposely to sabotage your group maybe then they will erase the join for you 

they did it for us we had a very persistent troll ( only 10 but oh my god ) 

he just didn’t stop they deleted him over and over he kept making new users 

and would join our grouos and scream right over them all 

smule deleted his joins for us on a number of occasions 

if one smule customer service rep says no try again 

it is possible they are able to do it whether they say they are or not 

but I believe it has to be for good reason 

hope that helps for the future

Sorry if I sound like an idiot here...but how does one go about hiding their own join? I thought once you joined, it was set in stone. Intrigued

Rachelkaraoke

it won’t let me upload 

ok if you have an iPhone 

I’m not sure about android ( I don’t think they have it ) 

plus you can’t hide from your own group ok 

so if you have an iPhone and you can try it on a group you’ve joined that’s not yours this is what you do

press the three dots 

you know those ? 

An list of options come up

Like favourite bookmark invite etc 

there will be an option ( in iOS ) to hide 

you select that option 

then your join has been hidden from your profile etc but you need to make 

one more step if you actually want your join to be gone 

I need to say here that if you’ve made a few joins eg for harmony backing etc they are all removed and you start again 

so make sure you really want to do this first lol

you join again 

silently 

you need to record silence for the whole length of the track or part of the join will remain 

you could if you wanted record your new vocal over the one you’re hiding BUT

i wouldn’t recommend it as when you are listening back to the recording before you press continue you hear all of them 

I’d say it’s best to record silence first 

when the silent join has actually joined then all joins of yours before you pressed hide will be erased 

hope that helps 

• love it! 1

Rachelkaraoke

The hide option has been there for a good time now 

but like last year they made it available for video too

in video groups if you decide you don’t like your join or multiple joins then select hide 

then join with audio only in silence for the whole length of the song 

this will erase your video join or multiple joins 

Rachelkaraoke

For me I don’t know if it was a great thing to find 

I’m a bit ocd at times 

I play a couple of things and sometimes I’ve joined with a few parts and I don’t like one so then I start again and again 

not so good if you are like that hahahah 

but it’s a very helpful option for people that feel nervous about joining groups as it makes it risk free to join 

takes the fear out of it