Jump to content
  • Sing! version 6.4.9 brings support for USB mics and Bluetooth playback

For years, Smule has been working fine with analog headsets, but lacked proper support for external third-party hardware connected via Bluetooth or the lightning port of iOS devices. The latest 6.4.9 update improves that.

You can now connect Lightning/USB microphones and audio interfaces to your iOS device without routing the audio through other apps like GarageBand first. This kind of hardware is now natively supported and you also get proper monitoring this way.

In addition, the support for Bluetooth headphones/headsets was improved. This is especially usefully for recent iOS devices, which come without a headphone jack. Note that this improvement only covers listening to Smule performances. There is still no official support to record from Bluetooth devices.

• like 3
    • love it! 6
    • confused 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

After this latest smule upgrade will i be able to use my itrack solo interface directly with smule ? If yes also please guide briefly about the connection process with an ipad . ThankYou

Link to comment

I am a VIP member but realise I am still on Old Version 5.6.1. How do I upgrade to Version 6.4.9 ?

Ram

• love it! 1
    • thank you! 1

4 hours ago, ARBAAZ said:

There is a good chance the mic input will start working. Not so sure about the monitoring though. As far as I heard, the iTrack Solo only has live monitoring for what is plugged in – not sure if will play the sound from the phone/tablet.

• like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 11:03 PM, RamKrish1012 said:

Ram

version 6.4.9 is for iphone

On 6/9/2018 at 2:32 PM, john_lin said:

version 6.4.9 is for iphone

Thank You John What is the latest version for Androids ? Is it 5.6.1 ?

Link to comment

So I bought this Karaoke Machine for we have a lot of parties with family friends. The machine is called Singing Machine (not sure what the model is), it has a Bluetooth connection option which connects fine with my IPad air. The problem is if i play a song through smule, it doesn’t play out of the system, but out of my iPad and all other apps work with the system, can you guys explain how to fix this? The party is tomorrow, need help ASAP. Thanks

5 minutes ago, Golden said:

can you guys explain how to fix this?

You probably can’t. As said in the article “ this improvement only covers listening to Smule performances. There is still no official support to record from Bluetooth devices.” For more questions, please use the help forum.

Just now, opentype said:

Hmm ok thanks for the reply :)

Link to comment

Why can’t I do Bluetooth on recordings as you said?

Link to comment

Bluetooth always has a strong lag – so it’s tricky to get the syncing right. It’s not impossible, but tricky.

4 hours ago, opentype said:

I can’t do it at all. It won’t allow me.

HAZE_KatMc_TR

Posted

On 11/16/2018 at 1:01 PM, Golden said:

Does it have any auxiliary ports? You can get one of those cables that goes from whatever you’re playing SMULE on to the input Auxiliary port of your Karaoke machine, it will probably just be sound though, some of the songs have full length samples, I did that once when I sang in public, but I just printed out the words to whatever song I sang.

Link to comment

can you use any USB microphone on Smule I'm looking for a good quality one thanks

3 hours ago, Dean_UK said:

Well, reading the digital audio signal directly is now supported. Connecting the USB mic is a different issue. Personally, I would prefer the ones that already come with a phone cable or are made for just this purpose.

Link to comment

for Smule you'd be better off analog usb can lead to lag

Link to comment

if you're serious about your sound  get a cheap mixer with effects and iRig mic pre a good microphone cable like mogami and a mic of your choosing.

• like 1

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Already have an account? Sign in here.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
      28,806
    • Most Online
      1,746
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

As most websites, we have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You may also check out our Privacy Policy