Voice quality + music quality is being reduced after saving the song

_redjohn_

Hello,

I am new to this forum but not to smule, I am wondering why my voice is crystal clear while recording but later when I save the song and publish , my voice quality is like 30%-35% lower which is not exactly as being recorded. am I missing any tips / Hardware requirements ??

I use :

IPAD PRO 2018 ( the one with USB-C and with no headphone jack )

Apogee Hypemic 

Steelseries Arctis 7 Headphones

_redjohn_
14 minutes ago, opentype said:

What does that mean exactly?

Hi, 

While recording, I can notice that my voice quality is much better than after saving the song. I was wondering if i am missing any tips or any additional hardware needed to make the quality of saved songs as same as while recording 

opentype

That didn’t help. Again, what is 30% reduced quality? Is it noisy, distorted, muffled … whatever. What changed? If you think you can “measure” it, there must be way to describe it. 

The quality shouldn’t change at all. I mean, the final song uses a lossy compression algorithm to reduce the file size, so there will be some quality reduction, but it should be at a level most people can’t perceive and it also shouldn’t be selective to the voice. 

_redjohn_
22 minutes ago, opentype said:

That didn’t help. Again, what is 30% reduced quality? Is it noisy, distorted, muffled … whatever. What changed? If you think you can “measure” it, there must be way to describe it. 

The quality shouldn’t change at all. I mean, the final song uses a lossy compression algorithm to reduce the file size, so there will be some quality reduction, but it should be at a level most people can’t perceive and it also shouldn’t be selective to the voice. 

you are right , I guess because of the algorithm which changes the quality a little bit . I am always used to sing with regular earbuds which sound very good . I just started using Apogee Hypemic hoping to have better sound quality with adjustable gain which is really good , though after saving the song . I don't see huge difference among them .

I am using steelseries arctis 7 as my headphones for recording . I am happy with it , but is there any other suggestions you have for better headphones ?

• 11 months later...
AbhilashVeettil
On 10/20/2019 at 2:16 PM, _redjohn_ said:

you are right , I guess because of the algorithm which changes the quality a little bit . I am always used to sing with regular earbuds which sound very good . I just started using Apogee Hypemic hoping to have better sound quality with adjustable gain which is really good , though after saving the song . I don't see huge difference among them .

I am using steelseries arctis 7 as my headphones for recording . I am happy with it , but is there any other suggestions you have for better headphones ?

Facing same issue, after recording before publishing it sounds very good. Once published, it sounds like recorded using some cheap mic/or processed through some cheap EQ equipment. Looks like the app is compressing the track before it publishes and some frequencies are getting removed in the process. Maybe the issue becomes bad for certain people because their sound is more impacted than others

_redjohn_
15 minutes ago, AbhilashVeettil said:

Facing same issue, after recording before publishing it sounds very good. Once published, it sounds like recorded using some cheap mic/or processed through some cheap EQ equipment. Looks like the app is compressing the track before it publishes and some frequencies are getting removed in the process. Maybe the issue becomes bad for certain people because their sound is more impacted than others

Yeah exactly i agree with you, so far I don't see anything which makes the quality better, when I hear someone who has joined me with apple's normal headphones vs a condensed microphone, I don't notice any difference at all, I guess the developers made this app specifically to be used with regular headphones that's why!! I hope they can make android version exactly the same as IOS, I tried the mic with android mobile, it sounds waay waaay better than IOS. 

• 4 months later...
Guyntul

Having the same issue. The voice volume seems to be about half of what it was before saving