Bluetooth Headset and Condensor Microphone

Insyde Grafix

Dear All,

Thanks for this Forum.

I have Boat Bluetooth Headset. and BM 800 condenser Microphone. How can i use to record the song with swtching on the bluetooth headset to listen and external mic to record?

Hope I will get the proper reply

Thanks & Regards

Kalaakar96

Insyde Grafix

Thank you for your reply..

Normally I use Wired headphone for the recording.. sometimes i use Condenser Microphone with splitter..

But now i have bought new Bluetooth headset.. so i want to utilize it.  I can only listen through bluetooth headset. But I want to record the song with external Mic using Bluetooth Headset to here the karaoke.. so How can I use the external mic without wired Headphone (I mean using Bluetooth Headset)
Thanks for the coming reply.. 

opentype

Like I said, I’m not sure this is easily possible—or a good idea. Bluetooth has a heavy time lag, so decoupling the recording and the delayed playback will be huge mess. 

In the past Bluetooth was completely disabled for Smule. I think they started to support it a little bit recently. 

_RamKrish1012

Kalakaar,

Blue tooth Head phones are fine for listening to recordings. But most people have had issues using Blue Tooth head phones for recording as there is a huge time delay and by the time you hear and sing you are already late.

If you are using an android phone you can apply a correction for this delay. Not possible on iPhones

Are you able to listen to a Smule invite on your Blue Tooth Head Phone ? if yes you should be able to plug your condenser microphone to your phone without a splitter can you not ?

Not sure if I am missing something here....

How do you plug your wired head phone and condenser microphone to your phone? what kind of splitter ? This has not worked for me and the audio that was recorded was not from the external mic but the built in head phone. to test this lease tap on the condenser mic gently and see if the signal is generated on Smule recording.

Keep us posted

Insyde Grafix

Thank You sir for the reply.. 
yes the same problem as you said.. when we connect the BLUETOOTH WE CAN listen THE smule invites. but when we sing through external mic.. voice is very low as the mobile microphone catches the voice (not the External).. this is the problem... 

I do not want to record from the bluetooth Headset mic.. i jus wana listen the music from it and record from external Mic.. Smule should give the solution for it.. 

I am using IPhone 6.. with IOS 12.4.2

Thanks & regards

Insyde Grafix
On 10/12/2019 at 8:55 PM, opentype said:

Like I said, I’m not sure this is easily possible—or a good idea. Bluetooth has a heavy time lag, so decoupling the recording and the delayed playback will be huge mess. 

In the past Bluetooth was completely disabled for Smule. I think they started to support it a little bit recently. 

Thanks for your reply my friend.. Smule started Bluetooth support. but the problem is m not using the bluetooth mic.. m using wired external condensed microphone. Only i wana listen the music from the bluetooth headset..

Thanks again.. 

_RamKrish1012

Your Blue Tooth Head Phone has a Built in Mic ? Brand and Model please ...

If Yes how can you disable the Mic and decouple from the head Phone ?. It is possible that the external condenser mic signal is not recognised by your iPhone and your Blue tooth MIc is doing the job

For a long time I was plugging my head phone and external dynamic microphone to my Android phone using a splitter and the recording was yuck. One day a good Smule partner told me your mob phone and Smule software  do not recognise the external mic and the phones built in mic was picking up the voice. He was absolutely correct as when I tapped on the dynamic mic gently no noise signal was recorded in the smule song.

My gut feel is that your splitter is not doing any thing at all and the built in mob phone mic is what is recording your voice and not your condenser mic

For external microphones to work a Mobile phone interface is required especially a condenser microphone as it requires phantom 48V.

Thanks to experts like Open Type I am now using the iRig Pro I/O manufactured by IK Media and the sound is awesome

Cheers

Insyde Grafix

Thank you so much sir for your reply and kind words.

You are correct about the internal mic. Before I was using wired headset and external condensed microphone with the splitter without any phantom power. it was and is working fine. It takes the sound from external microphone. But smule should bring the updates for the bluetooth headphone to listen only (even though it has the mic in headset not headphone). so we can use the external microphone which gives better voice over. 
Thanks & Cheers