Smule freezes up for a moment when singing songs

nparab74

Hi all,

I am new to Smule as well as this forum. I have a little nagging problem. While singing most songs, Smule freezes up for a moment and then starts recording again. This happens randomly, and it freezes about twice in the song. But after this glitch, it records smoothly for the rest of the song. This causes little inconsistencies in the singing and spoils the overall song. I'm thinking it's my mobile phone which might be the problem as it is always short on memory nowadays, but I could be wrong.

Did anyone else face this problem? How did you solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by nparab74
  • sad 1

YutingWang90

My phone does that too. After the hiccup, the video and audio become out of sync. But if I restart the phone before I start Smuling it's fine.

Android.

• like 1

• 1 year later...
DeepaPriyaSai
On 10/5/2019 at 8:52 PM, nparab74 said:

Hi all,

I am new to Smule as well as this forum. I have a little nagging problem. While singing most songs, Smule freezes up for a moment and then starts recording again. This happens randomly, and it freezes about twice in the song. But after this glitch, it records smoothly for the rest of the song. This causes little inconsistencies in the singing and spoils the overall song. I'm thinking it's my mobile phone which might be the problem as it is always short on memory nowadays, but I could be wrong.

Did anyone else face this problem? How did you solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Was there any solution for this??

Kuntryjunky
On 10/21/2020 at 9:53 AM, DeepaPriyaSai said:

Was there any solution for this??

This seems to be common on Androids lately. It was happening on my Galaxy S10 and S8 as well. The reboot mentioned above didn't help for me. The only other free solution I've seen is that someone suggested talking the moment your recording starts, like for example, saying, "Hi. Thanks for joining". He said that if he did this the moment he started recording, then he wouldn't have the recording issues. I haven't tried it myself. 

The only guaranteed solution I've seen is getting an IOS device. 

• 1 month later...
Simone Sharp-Bucknor
On 10/26/2020 at 3:23 PM, Kuntryjunky said:

This seems to be common on Androids lately. It was happening on my Galaxy S10 and S8 as well. The reboot mentioned above didn't help for me. The only other free solution I've seen is that someone suggested talking the moment your recording starts, like for example, saying, "Hi. Thanks for joining". He said that if he did this the moment he started recording, then he wouldn't have the recording issues. I haven't tried it myself. 

The only guaranteed solution I've seen is getting an IOS device. 

That won’t help. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and it has the same issue. I did a hard reset....same. I think I’ll try deleting the app and reinstalling to see if that works. 

Simone Sharp-Bucknor

Me too. With an iPhone 12 Pro Max..does the same thing. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling app...same problem. Doesn’t matter if it’s my song or if I’m joining someone else’s. I have a ticket in. Waiting to see what the deal is. 

Kuntryjunky
33 minutes ago, Simone Sharp-Bucknor said:

Me too. With an iPhone 12 Pro Max..does the same thing. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling app...same problem. Doesn’t matter if it’s my song or if I’m joining someone else’s. I have a ticket in. Waiting to see what the deal is. 

Good luck with the ticket. I hope it gets resolved. At the least, they should patch the software soon, if needed for the iPhone 12 Pro Max. From what I know, they're pretty good about supporting iPhone models, and I've seen it said in other threads on here that it's because iPhones have a single source for hardware and software, so it's easier to keep compatibility going. If the app needs patched for it, I'd imagine it's just because it's a brand new model. Either way, hoping for a speedy fix.