Follow / Unfollow Bug ???

Aargo2017

Sometimes I notice that the list of the people whom I follow gets updated on its own. I see a new person addedto or dropped from the list though I have never taken such action. Does anyone else have the same issue?

• like 1

opentype

Having some understanding of software coding, I doubt such bugs exist. Software doesn’t just randomly start saving random values. A human interaction as reason is always much more likely. Besides just being mistaken, this included hacked accounts. 

• like 1

Assev5

I also faced issues with automatic Unfollow yet never had an automatic Follow to any user.

Furthermore, I see different number of "Following" on my Sing app and the Desktop/web version. I get kind of confused about the correct numbers often due to this. 

• like 1

opentype
1 hour ago, Assev5 said:

I also faced issues with automatic Unfollow …

There can be a legitimate reason for that: If you are (temporarily) blocked by the other singer, you are not following them anymore. 

Aargo2017

On 9/25/2019 at 10:35 AM, opentype said:

Having some understanding of software coding, I doubt such bugs exist. Software doesn’t just randomly start saving random values....

Could it be a data corruption issue with inadequate recovery mechanism built in the code ? I am almost sure that I have not consciously followed/ unfollowed in such instances.

• 1 year later...
Guest Asbco

I do believe this is a software or data issue, because I looked at my list, and 2 of my friends have seemingly unfollowed me, but when I go to their account and check, they are still following me. 

So odd. 

DuetWithAlli

When smule lists your followers/followees, it only lists 500, those being the most recent. So if you’re following/being followed by more than 500 people and your friends have been singing with you for a long time, they may not show up in your lists. But they are still following you and still receive your invites.

• 3 weeks later...
_MusiCoolPiyush_

Well there is definitely a bug.. in the past 6 months, around 8-10 Smule members have contacted me and asked me why did I unfollow them. Interestingly, their messages landed in the "Inbox" folder instead of "Other" - which for me means that I am still following them else the message would have landed in "Others" section just like for those I dont follow. The second thing I notice that my name still appears in their "Followers" section but for some reason they cant see their name (and neither can I) in my "Following" section... I know Smule only shows recent 500 names in the Following/Follower section.. the people who had that complaint had less than 500 people following them and I follow around 350 folks so there is no way that their name wouldnt appear. I also have this issue of Smule limiting follower and following to recent 500 names - why cant show all names. If 5000+ people are following me and I follow 350+ then I should be able to see all the names or if they cant do it in the app then definitely provide that feature on their Smule.com website - which isnt as busy as the iOS and Android app.

Edited by _MusiCoolPiyush_

Guest Asbco

Yes, there must be a bug . I looked and saw 2 smule friends supposdly unfollowed me.  But my name is on their smule following count, so they didn't unfollow at all.  

I have had people message me to ask if they offended me because I unfollowed then, which I didnt 

• 1 month later...
Mplspitbull

Seems like this is an old Topic. Did anyone find out the issue? I’ve had the same number of followers for at least a year and I know that’s not right.