PeacefulJoin

Singing With Opposite Sex

PeacefulJoin

I don’t want this post to fuel any drama, and if it does, please remove. I think it’s a shame if a user sings with the opposite sex there are assumptions made. This is a singing app! I sing with many of the opposite sex because they happen to have the songs I like open, no other reason. I have guy friends in real life, as well, and my spouse has no problem with it, so I don’t understand other users who don’t even know me (or other users) having a concern with it. Can’t we just enjoy the app? I don’t want to date or hate. I want to sing! 🎤❤️

Thank you 

kopicat

As you have said, they are just assumptions. If they are not true, just ignore and continue to sing with whoever you feel like. I sing with both genders as well :) If others want to speculate, they are free to but time will tell that I sincerely just want to sing ;) The rumours then die a natural death.

• love it! 1

BrainDad

Well, probably 99% of duets are written for female/male parts, so it's hard to avoid singing it otherwise, and when you do, other kind of assumptions might be made, so .... 

IMO, this is mostly a male problem. There is something deeply wrong with the education and society perceived by our boys. Maybe our grandsons get to see something better.

• like 1

PeacefulJoin
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, BrainDad said:

IMO, this is mostly a male problem. There is something deeply wrong with the education and society perceived by our boys. Maybe our grandsons get to see something better.

I, too, feel it is more of a problem with males. Their perception is not always reality, due to self esteem, pride, etc. They start young. Adolescent males exaggerate relationships and are braggarts of events with girls that may have never happened, but one could hope they mature and stop, not always the case.

Even though I feel men outnumber women with this issue, there are women with the the same problem. They overthink situations and assume too much, creating or exaggerating problems. 

I’m just going to sing with whomever I choose and as the one poster pretty much stated, people who are interested will see with time, and those who don’t, they never wanted to see the truth, anyway.

Happy Singing! 😊🏼

Edited by PeacefulJoin
Wording

BrainDad

Every now and then I see women profiles declaring they are happily married, or this gorgeous lady that has put a photo with her partner in her smule profile background ... I cannot avoid thinking how unbearable the pressure must have been of men proposing to them, with more or less taste, so this ladies were forced to wear that "social burkha" in their profiles. 
As a father, I get angry with the parents that let this happen, even encouraged it being cheerful when their boys were "manly" and pushy.