Singing With Opposite Sex

I don’t want this post to fuel any drama, and if it does, please remove. I think it’s a shame if a user sings with the opposite sex there are assumptions made. This is a singing app! I sing with many of the opposite sex because they happen to have the songs I like open, no other reason. I have guy friends in real life, as well, and my spouse has no problem with it, so I don’t understand other users who don’t even know me (or other users) having a concern with it. Can’t we just enjoy the app? I don’t want to date or hate. I want to sing! 🎤❤️

Thank you 

• 2 weeks later...
kopicat

As you have said, they are just assumptions. If they are not true, just ignore and continue to sing with whoever you feel like. I sing with both genders as well :) If others want to speculate, they are free to but time will tell that I sincerely just want to sing ;) The rumours then die a natural death.

BrainDad

Well, probably 99% of duets are written for female/male parts, so it's hard to avoid singing it otherwise, and when you do, other kind of assumptions might be made, so .... 

IMO, this is mostly a male problem. There is something deeply wrong with the education and society perceived by our boys. Maybe our grandsons get to see something better.

• like 2

20 hours ago, BrainDad said:

IMO, this is mostly a male problem. There is something deeply wrong with the education and society perceived by our boys. Maybe our grandsons get to see something better.

I, too, feel it is more of a problem with males. Their perception is not always reality, due to self esteem, pride, etc. They start young. Adolescent males exaggerate relationships and are braggarts of events with girls that may have never happened, but one could hope they mature and stop, not always the case.

Even though I feel men outnumber women with this issue, there are women with the the same problem. They overthink situations and assume too much, creating or exaggerating problems. 

I’m just going to sing with whomever I choose and as the one poster pretty much stated, people who are interested will see with time, and those who don’t, they never wanted to see the truth, anyway.

Happy Singing! 😊🏼

Edited by Guest
Wording

BrainDad

Every now and then I see women profiles declaring they are happily married, or this gorgeous lady that has put a photo with her partner in her smule profile background ... I cannot avoid thinking how unbearable the pressure must have been of men proposing to them, with more or less taste, so this ladies were forced to wear that "social burkha" in their profiles. 
As a father, I get angry with the parents that let this happen, even encouraged it being cheerful when their boys were "manly" and pushy.

• like 1

• 1 month later...
Crazyjster

As a married mother of 3 I come on this app to sing and have fun and socialize, I am not here for a date. Those who know me (male and female) and sing with me on OCs and Live Jams know that. I hate when people assume when there is a female singing they are looking for a man. I can't tell you how many times men, strangers, have gotten angry when I have mentioned I am married...like I was leading them on? Granted I joke around but these are people I don't even know! I don't take much of what is said seriously (proposals, etc.) but some of the messages I get afterwards can be annoying. 

There are a lot of married men and women on this app having fun just like me. People will always try to start drama...most of it goes over my head. I just sing with whoever...if I wanted a date I'd go on a dating site...which is what I tell the people that hit on me.

• like 1

Thankfully, I only had one very serious incident, and it escalated from Smule to Facebook. I handled it. It was a lesson, though. My advice to everyone is to keep your personal info personal and keep to singing! Fun is what is should be for everyone. Agree! 

11 minutes ago, _redjohn_ said:

@PeacefulJoin well since its not affecting your real life then its not important 

Excuse me, but did you read my comment? I said “very serious.” It most certainly affected my real life when it was happening. When someone tracks where you live, contacts friends where you live to inquire about you, then contacts your husband at his job, and libels you on the app—it is serious. WE handled it, though! And it looks to me I am not the only one this has been happening to on the app.  Just SING, SING, SING! 

Edited by Guest
spelling

Back to the topic at hand. I am very selective with whom I sing with now, and the men I sing with now are very respectful. So a user can sing with the opposite sex without problems. 😊

_redjohn_
7 minutes ago, PeacefulJoin said:

Excuse me, but did you read my comment? I said “very serious.” It most certainly affected my real life when it was happening. When someone tracks where you live, contacts friends where you live to inquire about you, then contacts your husband at his job, and libels you on the app—it is serious. WE handled it, though! And it looks to me I am not the only one this has been happening to on the app.  Just SING, SING, SING! 

Sorry I didn't read your comment , but in the end wherever you go, you will find sick people around , that's why I prefer to keep my identity hidden . 

43 minutes ago, _redjohn_ said:

Sorry I didn't read your comment , but in the end wherever you go, you will find sick people around , that's why I prefer to keep my identity hidden . 

Yes, it’s always best to read before responding. Thanks for your input! 😊

Back to the topic at hand. I am very selective with whom I sing with now, and the men I sing with now are very respectful. So a user can sing with the opposite sex without problems. 😊

• 10 months later...
Umkhonto

Well, I sing 80% with the opposite sex and there is nothing sleazy about it. I respect all people. It is completely irrelevant to me whether they are male, female, black, white etc. I enjoy the interaction  and music. Smule is meant to be a safe place for self expression. Don't be so hard on yourself, just have fun and ignore the trolls.

superstevestamp

Ugh, why are so many of my gender creeps? lol. I enjoy singing with women, doesn't mean I want to be with them. My own mother when I showed her a smule performance I did with a real life friend said to me, "You know it's just singing right? I don't want you to get your hopes up that she wants to date you." I was like, jeez mom, I'm not some pathetic loser who thinks any woman who shows me attention wants to be my wife. lol. But I'm sure there are many on smule who are that way, and that is very concerning. It really pissed me off when my mom said that to me, I'm a grown ass man. lol. I'm also a singer/actor, so I know the difference between acting and real life. lol. Sorry for the vent. But yes, ladies, guard yourselves in anyway you can from the creeps. 

Ggymm1

I’m in Smule to sing. I don’t care if the music is meant for a man or a woman. If I like the song, I’ll sing it...no matter what part it is. As a man, if I see a song someone is looking to duet with, I’ll sing even if it’s a man on the other side.  I’ve not had any issues that I know of. All have commented and gave gifts and positive comments.  If they don’t like it, too bad. They can always delete it I guess?  I’m confident with myself and have thick skin. 

I think everyone has to be careful. I don’t let anyone from Smule in my Facebook. If they want to say something, they can say it in Smule. 

• like 2