Speed/Tempo changes

myprettycabinet

Hi everybody! I'm Jamie.

I have a technique to learning a difficult song - by making it double speed. I did it with "We Didn't Start The Fire", and now the normal speed is so easy.

I've posted 2 or 3 songs pitch shifted up for the higher pitch singers. I knew I could because I've seen others do so. My question is: If pitch shifting is allowed, is posting a quicker or slower speed song allowed? I just thought that that happens a lot with the acoustic version of songs.

Thanks!

opentype
35 minutes ago, myprettycabinet said:

Hi everybody! I'm Jamie.

Hi and welcome to the community!

I have a technique to learning a difficult song - by making it double speed. I did it with "We Didn't Start The Fire", and now the normal speed is so easy.

I’m not sure why this would work. 
Sure, the normal version will be easier compared to the sped-up version, but what would cause an improvement over learning just the normal version directly? After all, learning the sped-up version will obviously be harder and so, if anything, I would expect that this entire procedure makes it unnecessary harder. 

I've posted 2 or 3 songs pitch shifted up for the higher pitch singers. I knew I could because I've seen others do so. My question is: If pitch shifting is allowed, is posting a quicker or slower speed song allowed? I just thought that that happens a lot with the acoustic version of songs.

I doubt there is an explicit rule against it. But it will probably be downvoted rather quickly if people expect a normal version.