Crash on iPad 4, i.o.s. 10.3.4.

annaknudsenmusic

Hello!

I updated the Smule on my ipad 4 this morning to the latest version 7.8.5 and now it shuts down every time I try to join.

It has worked perfectly for weeks, but as soon as I updated the join part stopped working. Everything else seems to work.

Is anyone experiencing the same problem? 

• like 2

Sarasota

Have this exact problem.  After updating the smule app on my ipad, i can no longer start/join invites.  It just crashes without warning.  I have tried everything including resetting my ipad, deleting and re-installing smule as well as clearing the cache.  Nothing seems to fix the problem.

• like 1

annaknudsenmusic
7 hours ago, Sarasota said:

Have this exact problem.  After updating the smule app on my ipad, i can no longer start/join invites.  It just crashes without warning.  I have tried everything including resetting my ipad, deleting and re-installing smule as well as clearing the cache.  Nothing seems to fix the problem.

I am happy to know that I am not the only one experiencing this problem. Like you, I have tried everything and ended up resetting the iPad, too. 

I have reported it to Smule but I am guessing it could take a while before I get an answer. 

I have looked everywhere to see if I could find some sort of list of which devices Smule supports. I hope the iPad 4 is not too old now :-S 

What iPad do you have, Sarasota?

Sarasota
6 hours ago, annaknudsenmusic said:

I am happy to know that I am not the only one experiencing this problem. Like you, I have tried everything and ended up resetting the iPad, too. 

I have reported it to Smule but I am guessing it could take a while before I get an answer. 

I have looked everywhere to see if I could find some sort of list of which devices Smule supports. I hope the iPad 4 is not too old now :-S 

What iPad do you have, Sarasota?

Same, reported it to Smule a couple of days ago.  Still waiting for a response (it did say it may take upto 72 hours though).  I'm using the 4th generation ipad, bought all the way back in 2013.  Now that you've mentioned it, I too hope that it's still supported and not too old.

fl3nd3r

I am happy to know that I am not the only one. Same thing, when i try to load any song, the app crashes.
At the same time .. has anyone managed to find 7.8.3?
Thank you :)
(Smule on Iphone 4s)

annaknudsenmusic

Thank god! I just got this reply from smule:

Smule Support Team (Smule)

Aug 26, 02:04 PDT

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reporting this.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

This is to confirm that we have raised the issue to our technical team and we have included your information in a bug report.

We are working on resolving the issue with highest priority and we will have a hot fix as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Smule Support Team
-----

So they are working on it, it seems 😊😊😊

• like 2

Sarasota

7 hours ago, annaknudsenmusic said:

Thank god! I just got this reply from smule:

Smule Support Team (Smule)

Aug 26, 02:04 PDT

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reporting this.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

This is to confirm that we have raised the issue to our technical team and we have included your information in a bug report.

We are working on resolving the issue with highest priority and we will have a hot fix as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Smule Support Team
-----

So they are working on it, it seems 😊😊😊

Yeah, got the same response.  So, it looks like it's fairly widespread problem and they're already working on it which is good to know.  Hope we get a fix soon!

Sarasota
8 hours ago, fl3nd3r said:

I am happy to know that I am not the only one. Same thing, when i try to load any song, the app crashes.
At the same time .. has anyone managed to find 7.8.3?
Thank you :)
(Smule on Iphone 4s)

I believe if you search for it, you can find it on external websites.  But I was a bit reluctant to try it from third parties, thought I'd wait for a fix from  Smule.

VasudevanKp

Hello,

Same issue in my iPad iOS, smule app exits while joining invites after updating the new version 3 days back. 

Hoping for solution at the earliest.

annaknudsenmusic
8 hours ago, Singingpossum said:

Well when it's fixed. I'm going to sing the song, " I just want to celebrate" 😜

Mee too! And I will be dancing too 😁😁🎉🎉

I really miss smule! Hope the fix is in very near future!

• like 1

annaknudsenmusic
Just now, Singingpossum said:

Send me an invite on smule when you open it 🐾🐭🍃🌺🍃

Will do! :-D 

Aargo2017
4 hours ago, annaknudsenmusic said:

Mee too! And I will be dancing too 😁😁🎉🎉

I really miss smule! Hope the fix is in very near future!

The least the Smule guys can do is to roll back the update for the affected people or at least tell how to get the older version. Meanwhile they can work on fixing the problem.

Asking us to wait for 72 hrs in this fast paced digital age is really strange,

opentype
38 minutes ago, Aargo2017 said:

The least the Smule guys can do is to roll back the update for the affected people or at least tell how to get the older version.

That’s not really feasible in the way apps are rolled out to external app stores. Known bugs in apps are fixed in the next release. That’s just the way it is. 

annaknudsenmusic
7 minutes ago, opentype said:

That’s not really feasible in the way apps are rolled out to external app stores. Known bugs in apps are fixed in the next release. That’s just the way it is. 

Yes, that is how it works. We just have to wait patiently. 

Even if it was possible to get an older version, I wouldn't do it.

I was just thinking about it and is that really possible on an Apple device anyway? I am not an Apple person, I only have the iPad for Smule since Apple are the only ones that have really cracked the problem with latency in sound. But I thought Apple was so restricted and sand box like that you couldn't just install an older version of an app yourself, like you can with Android?

fl3nd3r
18 hours ago, Sarasota said:

Credo che se lo cerchi, lo trovi su siti Web esterni. Ma ero un po 'riluttante a provarlo da terze parti, ho pensato di aspettare una correzione da Smule.

At this point I think I will wait too 😌

annaknudsenmusic

Yayyyyy - have you seen it? There is an update for Smule.

I logged in on my iPad this morning, I updated and IT WORKS 😁😁😁

I am so happy I could sing. And that I can do again, on Smule. Good start on this day 🙂

• like 1

Sarasota
24 minutes ago, annaknudsenmusic said:

I am so happy I could sing. And that I can do again, on Smule. Good start on this day 🙂

Yes indeed, yippeee! I was starting to have withdrawal symptoms.  Must admit they fixed it faster than I thought they would, good job Smule!

Aargo2017
53 minutes ago, annaknudsenmusic said:

I am still having problems.

Singingpossum

I haven't received the update yet 😑😞😢😭

Edited by Singingpossum

Aargo2017
1 hour ago, Singingpossum said:

I haven't received the update yet 😑😞😢😭

Please check your Appstore under Pending Updates tab and manually apply it. That's how I did. I too had not got automatic update.