Smule. Limiting Invites

ardydelrosario

I have 40K followers now, I'm a little interested in not inviting all of my followers whenever I open invites, is there a way to do that?

opentype

You can only choose to not invite your followers and then send out invitation messages to up to 5 users. 
There are no other options. 

_RamKrish1012

This I believe is a weakness in the Smule Model and affects women mostly especially if they are good looking and do Song Videos. With 5K, 10K, 15K followers every invite gets a few hundred joins a large percentage are from men who cannot sing and these poor ladies in fact become victims of their own devise trying physically to thank each one individually. I have only 137 followers of whom I do not know at least 100 people and have no clue why they are even following me. I agree I do not want my invites to go to them either and sending 5 invites at a time is a nuisance and it takes a lot of time

I can imagine the problems that would arise with 40K followers.

ardydelrosario,

Perhaps you should take this up with Smule Developers in as Strong a way as possible

Best of Luck with your endeavours

• like 1

opentype

There are open calls and closed calls and the option to invite a few selected people or all. What should Smule change or offer?
Inviting just 50% percent for example wouldn’t make the followers happy who were excluded. 

I know a singer who would in the past just make open calls without inviting anyone. This was a simple but clever way to keep the join count low. 

_RamKrish1012
7 hours ago, opentype said:

There are open calls and closed calls and the option to invite a few selected people or all. What should Smule change or offer? Inviting just 50% percent for example wouldn’t make the followers happy who were excluded. I know a singer who would in the past just make open calls without inviting anyone. This was a simple but clever way to keep the join count low. 

Inviting 50% only is not a solution but creates more problems.

Having said that every problem has a solution.

Smule  is nothing but a kareoke, where we sing to day and is forgotten tomorrow or at best seven days later.

No Smule singer I know of has become a Superstar Globally. So it is just a fad and a past time for bathroom singers to sing with full instrumentals as well as sing duets with other members, family and friends. I only look forward to joins from people I know or have connected well through Smule and have become friends

Right now Smule is catering to Smule members who are into the numbers game who feel Proud that they have thousands of followers. Are all these people really following them? May be 100 out of 10000 who end up joining duet invites

"Ideally I'd like to see "my invites go only to my followers whom  I follow". This is a sign of mutual appreciation and respect for each other.

All other followers instead or receiving my invites in the inbox will have to check my profile page and see the invites and join or book mark or locate it in the feeds etc.

This is the reason I want to see in my list af members I follow a colour coded icon to show me who amongst them follow me as well.

Many people I know are creating "Closed in" INVITEES ONLY Groups as Solution to this Numbers problem

It is just wishful thinking as Smule today is all about Numbers.

There are times I check out my followers to figure out whey they are following me. I asked one Chap as to why he was following me and he was honest to tell me "Sir I am not following you but by following you I can follow all the ladies you are singing with.....because you pick good singers"

This proves my Theory that not all followers are genuine followers. many follow on impulse and don't bother unfollowing. I sing duets mostly with ladies but 80% following me are unknown men.

I Rest my Case Guru.

ELVIS_USA

To many followers? are like fans you nrver alienate no one if they're listening to me from wheelchair or in a mansion my fans will always come first cuz they made me! who i am on Smule and I thank them for that. One more thing I sing with anybody my only requirement is that it be in English....E. PS. That's my take on this .

Edited by ELVIS_USA
Sp

ELVIS_USA

Man I would be honored to have 40k of followers to know and I wouldn't care what their reasoning was hear and see me as long as they continue to do so you're a lucky man