Sing with Facebook Portal device camera?

Robert C Richmond

I marvel at the "intelligence" of the camera in Facebook's new Portal device.  Using the Portal for video calls is a favorable new world!  Has anyone figured a way to Smule-sing into the Portal device to utilize the superior camera features vs. singing into cell phone or tablet or pad device?

opentype

I doubt there is a way to do this. And I guess it wouldn’t work too well, since having the camera and lyrics separated looks weird, since the person always looks away. 

• love it! 1

Robert C Richmond

What would be ideal, would be for Smule to collaborate with Facebook, for the benefit of both!  The Portal, at this point, is seemingly a "one trick pony" (not quite).  Facebook could help Portal sales by tapping into Smule's 50 million (?) users!  And Smule could benefit grandly by the video that comes from the "ai" camera in the Portal.  Anything that makes the audio-visual experience better, would mean $ to Smule.  The Portal has Alexa built in as well, so a collab between Facebook, Smule, and Amazon could be perfect.  Or maybe an outside genius could code a "skill" for Alexa to link Portal use into Smule.