My perfect smule singing Hardware.. & yours?

_mandeep_

Wanted to share my configuration that in my humble opinion is my perfect solution to my singing on smule:

1) Iphone 6s. 

2) Microphone: Rode NT1 kit. 

3) Ahuja (Indian brand) XLR cable. 

4) iRig Pre 

5) Sony MDR-7500 series headphone. 

Once you know how to adjust gain on iRig Pre u are all set. 

The recorded vocals are great enough on studio setting with enough reverb and all. I think u don't need anything else for singing 🎶 on smule. 

Just wanted to share so that Beginners or anyone else can gain from it. 

Thanks 

Regards. 

****please share your setup, which you feel is perfect enough for you. 

opentype

I used the iRig Pre originally. It worked fine. Two things I didn’t like so much: 

• it can only be used with batteries
  • the sound of the headphone output is worse than when you plug the headphones directly in the phone. So I would constantly switch my headphones to record (with the iRig Pre) and check the final recording (with the iPhone). 

In the end, I upgraded to the iRig Pro I/O which doesn’t have these problems:

https://sing.salon/articles/review-irig-pro-io-for-smule-sing-r17/

Guest scrapfree

I have an iPad which I’ve used with a Rode NTUSB and an iPhone USB camera connector.

Although, to be honest, I’ve gone back to Apple earbuds/mic and it’s perfectly good and far simpler.

_RamKrish1012

Mandeep,

Open Type is right. iRig Pre Works yes but has its limitations and is very basic. I used it too. Chews up batteries very fast, so I started using rechargeable Batteries. Yet half way through recording battery will go flat and that meant starting all over.

iRig Pro I/O is way superior plus you should buy with its own powersupply which is optional. This keeps the iRig as well as the iPad fully charged all the time. Lot more expensive though.

I found iRig Pre and iRig Pro I/O work better with IoS and did not work well for me with Android Samsung 7.

I now use my iRig Pro I/O with iPad 6th Gen 2018 Model (which allows you to plug your head phones into the iPad if necessary) I use the Audio Technica MTH50x Head Phone with an AKG D5 Vocal Dynamic Microphone.

These work fine but want to switch to a condenser Microphone.

Been eying the Shure Beta 87A costing Aud $ 365 and  Rode NT1A costing Aud $300 and Rode NT2A costing Aud $400.

Please Tell me what you think of Rode NT1.

Can you please share a link to one of your recordings  if You dont Mind.

Cheers

Ram

• 3 weeks later...
ELVIS_USA

https://www.smule.com/p/869948183_3119748849 Â I did one with my rode NT1A hooked to My iRig mic pre in my Yamaha mg82cx mixer. So i finally gave it a try the one thing I did notice is on Smule at least it shines on clarity but has a lot more noise then my Shure Beta 58A

Edited by ELVIS_USA
More than needed

• 4 weeks later...
ELVIS_USA

I Solved the noise problem with the NT1A by using the boss VE-20 setting of mic threshold set it to 100% And the noise was gone my final Smule setup consists of the following a yamaha MG-82 CX mixer a boss ve-20 vocal processor a TC-Helicon Mic Mechanic and the rode NT-1A condenser microphone and of course the iRig mic pre that makes it all happen best 40$ bucks I ever spent happy singing everyone from. ELVIS_USA 🎤😊

Edited by ELVIS_USA
Typo