Permanently Deleting Private Conversation on Smule

Arnie

I've deleted the private conversations several times, but if you start a new conversation with the same person, the old messages or conversations are coming back.  Can the chat history be deleted or turned off?

• 1 month later...

My comment is not intended to offend anyone, but I think the chat is a liability for Smule. It’s a singing app. I feel the comment section is sufficient for communication. From what I have discovered a lot of users abuse it (not all), reason I limit it. If someone wants to chat there are numerous chat apps just for it. YouTube is eliminating the chat feature—smart move! 

47 minutes ago, Devilndisquise said:

I have the exact opposite. My conversations will completely disappeear after a few days to a week maybe. Never seen again

Not positive, but I think if you don’t chat often with a user the chat eventually disappears. And I think a user can delete the chat. 

On 8/1/2019 at 5:10 PM, Arnie said:

Can the chat history be deleted or turned off?

Someone else may know better, but I think the chat history can be deleted. Maybe after you delete it try an unfollow and refollow and see if that works. Chat notifications can be turned off if you don’t want to receive chat. 

• 2 weeks later...