Lll_moonlight

CALLING OUT SMULE MASTERS: How to use Smule with external vocal processors

Lll_moonlight
10 hours ago, opentype said:

A mixer is for – well, mixing. If you only have one microphone, there is no need for a mixer. 

The setup looks correct now. Make sure the BOSS pedal is set up correctly (see manual). You need to set it to mono and you need to adjust the input sensitivity. You also have the gain setting on the iRig PRE. It will need some trial and error to get these two settings right. 

This Finally WORKED! I adjusted the mono and input sensitivity as recommended. Thank YOU so much! 😊 🙏 

Lll_moonlight

Thank you all for your help! You are the best! 💕 

Opentype You are the life saver ! 

keanu reeves thank you GIF

• like 1

opentype

Glad you got it working. Feel free to post a link to a song sometime where we can hear how nice the effects of the Boss pedal sound. 

Follow me on Smule: https://smule.com/opentype 

Lll_moonlight

https://www.smule.com/c/1119629439_3074435031

I didn’t adjust sound effect or preverb, everything is factory setting.  just put it on the preset“ECHO” mode. I think I should have used “Delay” mode.  I also noticed that you lose the SMULE sound affect like super studio when singing with VP. I perhaps need play it around more to make it sound better, but for now, I’m ecstatic that it got connected! Excuse my bad singing lol 

_RamKrish1012
13 hours ago, opentype said:

I think we should stick to the topic of using effect pedals such as the Boss Ve 20 here. For other questions and equipment, please open a new topic. 

OK Boss. Yes I agree as it Confuses and digresses from the Original request. BTW Never heard of effect pedals does it mean Mixer ?

_RamKrish1012
13 hours ago, opentype said:

I think we should stick to the topic of using effect pedals such as the Boss Ve 20 here. For other questions and equipment, please open a new topic. 

Guru, Yes and No.

The Topic Heading is "CALLING OUT SMULE MASTERS: How to use Smule with external vocal processors"

Not Just "Boss VE 20"

Having said that,  you are the Boss. I'll Take your advice and start a new thread.

BTW what is an effect pedal ? Is it another word for Mixer ?

Cheers

ELVIS_USA

I also have a boss ve- 20 my favorite feature is go to menu master noise threshold will go up to 100% and take out any mic hiss or noise you may have great feature happy singing...E

ELVIS_USA

I also have a boss ve- 20 my favorite feature is go to menu master noise threshold will go up to 100% and take out any mic hiss or noise you may have great feature happy singing...E

ELVIS_USA
Posted (edited)

Moonlight here is what you need with a longer cord. One 3 pin goes to the. BOSS VE- 20 mic input the other goes to the irig mic pre 3 PIN the one left go's to the mic hope this helps.... you have two ways of controlling the gain one is from the iRig mic pre the other is from is the BOSS VE-20

audeze_b4_3xlr_4_pin_to_dual_3_pin_1072804.jpg.cf.jpg

Edited by ELVIS_USA
Typo

ELVIS_USA

As far as the effects pedals go I use my boss ve-20 and my TC Helicon Mic Mechanic to give me effects Smule does not provide on my home system when I record

Edited by ELVIS_USA
Typo