Smule: “Optimizing”

Kissnikki

Some (not all) people are not able to upload joins.  Even if they send it to me when I click on it -it says “optimizing” and will not open. Anyone else have this problem?

• like 1

opentype

Hard to say from just this description. Uploads not getting through right away has been a problem for years. Usually it’s caused by a poor internet connection or other internet problems. It wouldn’t have anything to do with your OC. And for video, there is even a setting to not upload the video until WiFi is available. So finished, but unavailable songs can be perfectly normal in this case. 

The message “optimizing” can appear in various situations and is in fact a little bit misleading. It’s more like “processing”. It can happen with invites which were sent out already, but the OC isn’t actually uploaded or processed yet (for example the user is on a poor mobile connection) or with older songs, which Smule put into cold storage, so they aren’t directly playable anymore. When you click on them it might take a minute or two until they actually play. 

If users are on WiFi and songs are not getting through for hours, they might contact Smule for help. 
Otherwise I would usually just wait. 

• like 1

_RamKrish1012

My observation is that upload time depends on the time of the day we sing. Living in Sydney I find if I sing late at night say after 10.00 pm the songs get uploaded straight away. If I sing during the day especially on week ends the uploads are in a queue for hours and this I believe is because every one from the northern hemisphere esp USA is singing away and uploading hundreds if not thousands of songs every minute. Smule is definitely over loaded which results in slowing down the upload process. Once my uploads took nearly 30 hours to get processed. My niece uploaded a duet and for over six hours it was saying Optimising..

Any way this is just my experience.

• like 1

opentype

Yeah, that’s true. Smule handles millions of uploads every day, so songs can remain in a queue for some time at certain times of the day. And there can also be times were there are technical issues or scheduled maintanance, so the servers processing the songs aren’t available at all and the songs which need to be processed pile up for a long time. 

• 1 year later...
niranjan.kumar
On 7/25/2019 at 9:18 PM, Kissnikki said:

Some (not all) people are not able to upload joins.  Even if they send it to me when I click on it -it says “optimizing” and will not open. Anyone else have this problem?

Same Problem 

_RamKrish1012

Internet itself is on OVERLOAD as in any household many members are streaming or playing computer games using WiFi and connectivity itself is a big problem. So I wait until 10.00pm and start smule after every one has gone to sleep in Sydney. But India being 5 -1/2 hours behind all the singing starts and by 7.00pm IST Smule is so overloaded that I just cannot save my recordings. They just Bomb and the irritating message is check your internet connection as smule does not want to accept that the software is buckling under overload. WE just have to grin and bear it folks