Any one Using APPLE TV for SMULE Singing ?

_RamKrish1012

I just realised an Apple TV can be used for Smule Sing.

I have one lying around. Would like to hear from some one using an Apple TV to discuss the Pros and Cons

Cheers

Ram

opentype

As far as I know, Apple TV support has been discontinued. 

On 9/20/2017 at 5:36 PM, YoshiTanaka999 said:

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, Sing! Karaoke is no longer available for download on Apple TV and will no longer function on that platform. We currently have no plans to support Apple TV in the future.

We’d love for you to continue singing with us on your mobile device or tablet. If you haven’t done so already, download our Sing! Karaoke app for iOS or Android and log into your existing account.
http://bit.ly/2fLvgV8

Thanks for understanding & have a great day!

Smule Support Team

From this older discussion: https://sing.salon/forums/topic/309-apple-tv-sing-app-stopped-working/

_RamKrish1012

That was two years ago and this is what I see in July 2019

Pretty Slack Organisation nif they have not picked this up in two long years.

Smule

Video game

4.2/5Google Play4.5/5iTunes - Apple4.1/5BlueStacks

Description

Smule is a music app initially released under the name Sing! Karaoke on iOS platforms in 2012 and subsequently on Android in 2013. In October 2015, Smule announced the release of an Apple TV edition of Sing!. Smule expanded its music experience to include the web in 2016, albeit in a consultative format for now. Wikipedia

Initial release date: 2012

Developer: Smule

Developed by: Smule

Platforms: Android, iOS, Apple TV, tvOS

Thanks Guru

• 1 year later...
Mplspitbull

Every so often I search for answers to the Apple TV Smule sing app dilemma. 

The confusing part for me is if the app no longer works and is not supported why is it still on Apple TV after all these years? You Dan go in and specify a specific “build” in the app settings.... which I don’t know if  but I’m iOS the apps that no longer work sometime just disappear But at the very least they won’t open. You can go into Apple apps and still download this app and open it. Something weird is going on. You would think this would be a huge opportunity and they’re missing out on it. Something must’ve happened

_RamKrish1012
2 hours ago, Mplspitbull said:

"Something must’ve happened"

It is Possible Apple and Smule Sing, fell out of relationship when Smule realised the Android market world wide was Huge and Apple did what they do "Pulled the Plug on Smule Sing". Even membership through Smule Website allows you to use IoS or Android and is cheaper than when we sign up through Apple or Google and you are not restricted to IoS or Android

• 3 weeks later...