Unable to get Embed Code from Smule web site for my Own Recordings

_RamKrish1012

Earlier on every time I played my own Video Recording of a song I could get the embed Code.

But right now I am unable to do that on my Apple Mac and don't understand why ?

I'm am unable to upload anything to the Stage section of Sing Salon because of this

Open Type Can you please throw some light on this ?

Ram

Edited by _RamKrish1012
Need to add one more line

opentype
1 hour ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

But right now I am unable to do that on my Apple Mac and don't understand why ?

You can just copy the URL from the browser bar as shown in the video below. You can then paste it in our Downloader or here in the forums. 
The upload option for the Stage section was removed. 

_RamKrish1012

https://c-sf.smule.com/sf/y67/sing_google/performance/renvideo/54/b8/a7e81313-0077-46c1-8dbd-30adcfa571f7.mp4

Not Working I am getting this message from Sing Salon

The URL you used doesn’t seem to be a valid Smule performance URL. Please check the URL and try again or ask for help in the Forum.

The question is is it Legal to Upload my own solos and duets in a Blog or on my You Tube Channel. I have seen many smule Videos on You Tube and assume it is legal.

opentype
3 minutes ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

The question is is it Legal to Upload my own solos and duets in a Blog or on my You Tube Channel. I have seen many smule Videos on You Tube and assume it is legal.

There is no simple yes-or-no answer to that unfortunately. 

_RamKrish1012

https://c-sf.smule.com/sg/ysg30/sing/performance/renvideo/58/2f/23e2a60b-651b-46ba-86cf-0ba585a189fb.mp4

Earlier today I was able to get embed code for this duet ( With members permission) and include it in my own Blog.

But now I cannot get the embed Code from My Smule Page after logging in.

https://gatarahe.blogspot.com/search/label/Yun Saja chand

Edited by _RamKrish1012
Need to add one more line

_RamKrish1012

Let me ask the question in a different way.

"Am I allowed to upload one of "your duets" in my Blog "with your Permission ?""

opentype
8 minutes ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

"Am I allowed to upload one of "your duets" in my Blog "with your Permission ?""

I should always be fine if you just embed the original performance, just like we do it here on the site. That way, you do not republish the original audio/video. You just link it from a different website, but it is played through Smule. And because of that, the singers can still delete the original song and it would also disappear from your site.

If you download the audio/video and upload it to your server, you republish it. That’s a big technical and legal difference. You remove the singer’s control over that performance and you are also liable in regards to the copyrights of the songs. 

_RamKrish1012

All I have done is get the embed code and used it in my Blog. and it plays through Smule.

To be honest I would not know how to republish it.

So back to the Original question why am I not able to get the code for embedding from my Smule Page in Smule web site. I could get embed code in three different sizes. Not possible now on my Mac. for reasons unknown.

I was able to do one and then the facility disappeared

opentype
3 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

So back to the Original question why am I not able to get the code for embedding from my Smule Page in Smule web site.

On the page of a solo or collab, it’s the last link:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-22 um 19.06.45.png

_RamKrish1012
13 hours ago, opentype said:

On the page of a solo or collab, it’s the last link:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-22 um 19.06.45.png

I used to see this all the time  but does not show up on my Mac Screen now.

I am wondering if Apple Mac is Blocking this as I am subscribing directly through Smule web site and not Apple Store ? Strange but True.

Attaching a Screen Shot from my Mac

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 4.52.02 pm.png

opentype
51 minutes ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Attaching a Screen Shot from my Mac

You need to click on the title of the song, not the cover image. The cover image only brings up the overlay player as in your screenshot. 

• like 1

_RamKrish1012
30 minutes ago, opentype said:

You need to click on the title of the song, not the cover image. The cover image only brings up the overlay player as in your screenshot. 

OMG. I now feel like a Dumb Jackass.

Now I understand why I could get the embed code earlier as I must have clicked on the song title and after that I kept clicking on the Cover Image..

Thank you so much Guru. Glad it is not Smule or Apple Blocking me 

Now I can add many of my favourites to the Blog especially songs which have been blocked Owners by from being included in Blogs and web sites

I owe you one Big Time

Cheers.

Edited by _RamKrish1012