does someone knows about Gifts on the Activity tab from Smule

ElLobogris

New Gift feature from SMULE

does someone try the new feature call Gifts from the activity tap? i wonder how it's going to work ( gifts that you will receive from your recordings ) i am trying to get more information about itĀ 

Good question! I played Santa Claus last night to experiment šŸ˜‚ and bought a bundle and gave out a few gifts to a few users of my favorite recordings. It gave me a gift as well in the duets, which I find wasteful. I also wonder if and how the users get notified and what, if anything, they will receive after they get to a certain level of gifts. ButĀ theĀ free gift would not work, not with my account and I am VIP. I could not send it to anyone, and it had a notice that ā€œpersonal message is disabled with this giftā€ and would not allow me to send. There is another karaoke app with the gift feature, but it doesnā€™t have the same overall quality features as the Smule app, so I am assuming this is one way of Smuleā€™s way of competing andĀ making money, but it is also a way in creatingĀ a nicer environment on the app. I read the information about gift giving, but it was not very specific. Maybe other users will chime in with more knowledge.

opentype

Iā€™m sure there will be an article on the Smule blog shortly and maybe more details in their FAQ section.Ā 

In the meantime, I might write something about it in our article section.Ā 

• like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 8:01 AM, ShiningSinger said:

Ā ButĀ theĀ free gift would not work, not with my account and I am VIP. I could not send it to anyone, and it had a notice that ā€œpersonal message is disabled with this giftā€ and would not allow me to send.Ā 

I need to clarify one of the above statements I posted.Ā I can indeed send the free gifts now. When you click on the free gifts, you have to selectĀ the user (check mark) and then hit send,Ā but I was right about includingĀ a personal message. You cannot with the free gifts. Money talks! šŸ˜‰šŸ˜†šŸ˜‚ Jk!Ā 

Edited by Guest
Wording

BrainDad

uffff... don't like this feature. IMHO it takes way more space from the screen than what it gives back as a feature.

For me, the likesĀ is enough recognition ... and a personal message much better.

Yes, BrainDad, I get what youā€™re saying. Loving and commenting is sufficient in regards to recognition, but I figure there hopefully will be more to the new feature than just recognition. Maybe Smule will give out prizes to the user who gives or receives the most gifts. Maybe some iPads ... or a new car. šŸ˜†šŸ¤£ JK! Seriously, I am hoping we will learn more soon.Ā