Privacy concerns

Crazyjster

I specifically have a smule email and phone number not linked to anything personal including my name or personal social media accounts and was shocked to find suggested people to add as followers from my personal Facebook account, Howie this possible? I made sure not to affiliate with any personal account or phone number that would link the two? I made sure to block but will show up as suggested?  How can this happen?

• like 1

opentype
9 hours ago, Crazyjster said:

shocked to find suggested people to add as followers from my personal Facebook account

There doesn’t have to be connection. 

• like 2

Crazyjster

It's under Smule suggested people to follow and it says "friend from Facebook"...as opposed to "follows you" or "likes (same genre of music).... absolutely a connection except their should be no access to my Facebook account. They are not linked.

• like 1

opentype
11 minutes ago, Crazyjster said:

it says "friend from Facebook"

Then I guess you had your account linked at some point in the past. 

_RamKrish1012
On 7/6/2019 at 10:41 AM, Crazyjster said:

I specifically have a smule email and phone number not linked to anything personal including my name or personal social media accounts and was shocked to find suggested people to add as followers from my personal Facebook account, Howie this possible? I made sure not to affiliate with any personal account or phone number that would link the two? I made sure to block but will show up as suggested?  How can this happen?

Please check the settings for Smule and if you have Social Channels Face Book and Twitter switched on. if Yes you know the reason why your FB and Twitter friends are on Suggested list. 

If they FB & Twitter are not switched on in your Smule Settings then you have a genuine gripe and worry as I don't have a clue how that is possible as SMULE Web Page is independent.. unless you subscribed to Smule through Apple Store.

• like 1

opentype
31 minutes ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Please check the settings for Smule and if you have Social Channels Face Book and Twitter switched on.

It doesn’t even need to be on. It could have been on for just a few seconds years ago and Smule would still keep that data. Even if you turn it off and change your email and telephone number later—the data would be linked to your account. And I’m sure that’s what happened here. What else would it be? It’s not like Smule would attempt to match profile pictures or have staff manually draw the connections for millions of accounts. 
One could always contact Smule support for details. Not sure Smule support staff has access to every detail, but the Facebook connection is probably logged in the database, so someone would be able to prove if and when that connection was made. 

Crazyjster

I'm pretty sure how it happened actually and it's sneaky. I reported something from my phone which did have my name and phone number because they sent me an email to my personal account and I just found it, not my account linked to smule. In the bottom it specifically says Facebook linked and y/n and it says "n"... however that Google account is linked to all social media. I never in my life linked FB even for a second or any other social media. Evidently from sending a report from the wrong phone (personal) and even though my account does not even have the same name or email, they obtained it. They should have used the info registered to my account. I am guessing that's where FB info came from as well.

opentype
4 hours ago, Crazyjster said:

I'm pretty sure how it happened actually and it's sneaky. I reported something from my phone which did have my name and phone number because they sent me an email to my personal account and I just found it, not my account linked to smule. In the bottom it specifically says Facebook linked and y/n and it says "n"... however that Google account is linked to all social media. 

I really doubt that. But in any case, this kind of speculation is going nowhere. If you are worry about it, ask Smule.