Hacked Smule account

Hobolobo2_

@Crazyjster it doesn't matter which phone you use if the breach is at the router. I had configured my router to Google DNS but it was being changed to a different one registered in Austria (some of the people involved are from Austria and Germany). So whatever device I used( including ipads) my internet data would end up on their server. I had changed phones/accounts many times and only much later found the problem.@SHAJU_AESIS for your friend's android phone did she receive any random OTP SMS which she didn't apply for followed by a call? Or did she connect to a wifi sometimes where the breach could've been? These could be some of the sources but there can be a thousand other ways. But anyways I would suggest her to report to her local police station. 

Edited by Hobolobo2_

SHAJU_AESIS

@Hobolobo2 true if the router is the breach then all traffic could be retouted to pull out info. I check my dns, it's been pushed by the vdsl provider, the pri/sec dns ip adress resolves back to the provider itself (so this seems fine). As far has i know my friends were using data internet bundle via de mobile provider (like vodafone,tele2 etc.) the wifi does not come into picture.

Hobolobo2_

@SHAJU_AESIS I am not a security professional and can only comment on what I experienced personally. It is best to report to the local police station and consult a security expert if possible. 

• 4 months later...
Violet

My account got hacked too, I think. I deleted all messages, changed password, removed Smule App, and then reinstalled it. The thing is if the person who hacks never delete that account on his device, he still has access to it, can still read your messages or impersonate you to send out messages. Smule needs to do something to protect the subscribers.

• sad 1

SHAJU_AESIS

Actually I have stopped reporting, the only ones who believes our smule accounts can be hacked are the ones like us (victims). Smule is undoubtedly the best singing app, they are updating the app with improvements almost weekly. Agree completely, they must do something to better the security side too.

• like 1

• 2 weeks later...
SHAJU_AESIS

i am not sure Dean, presume it's possible to change name of the song as they have access to our account. In my cases they sent dirty messages from my inbox to many friends.