kopicat

How to Create Notation/Pitch Bars for Songs Uploaded

kopicat

Hi,

I am new to this forum and am happy to finally find that there is a discussion board for smulers :) I have been in Smule for close to 4 years now and started uploading songs into Songbook since a year back. Currently I have about 100 songs uploaded.

I have noticed that some user-uploaded songs come with notation (when users use those, they will be able to see the notation or pitch bar as they are singing) whereas some don't. My question is how can I get those songs which I have uploaded to have the notation? Thank you in advance!

opentype

Smule adds the cue track manually to their own songs, so the notes and the timing will always be accurate. 

For community songbook songs, there is currently no option to do the same. The cue track will appear automatically after a while, when people have joined to song enough times. Then Smule can calculate the cue track from what people have sung. Of course that has it’s flaws, but I guess it’s better than nothing for many users. 

(Personally, I have that function turned off 98% of the time.)

Follow me on Smule: https://smule.com/opentype 

_RamKrish1012

Guru,

Can you show us an example with a video or a screen shot to understand this better.

Please

Ram

opentype

Which parts in unclear? We are talking about the colored bars seen in this video, which can also be turned on to be played in your headphones while recording. 

_RamKrish1012
15 hours ago, opentype said:

Which parts in unclear? We are talking about the colored bars seen in this video, which can also be turned on to be played in your headphones while recording. 

I see in my iPad the Blue, White and Yellow Coloured horizontal bars scrolling along every time I record which gives me the timing. Don't have a clue about how to turn this on in my Head Phones when Recording though

opentype
53 minutes ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Don't have a clue about how to turn this on in my Head Phones when Recording though

IMG_9680.jpg

_RamKrish1012

OMG Yes I remember discussing this and Turned it off for ever and forgot all about it.

Sorry Boss. My apology.

I am using this for the first time recording an Anne Murray Song with a friend. Surely helps a lot with timing.

Ram