Can we ask SMULE to stop dumping invites into Notifications

ninakazen
On 5/8/2019 at 9:47 AM, _RamKrish1012 said:

I want to delete invites that are of zero interest to me. why not ? Id also like to delete invites for songs I do not know or am not interested in. A delete feature will be so helpful.

Agree It may essentially be a feed but I dont want to be force fed 

When you have 500 invites sitting in your notifications, you have to scroll down past all 500 to get to the bottom to book mark  invites about to expire. Here at the bottom are ten that are going to remain at the bottom for 2 long years. Sometimes I book mark 100 songs as allowed by Smule but when busy I just quickly book mark ones I want to sing that night. I have also suggested that Smule reverse the order it has the song that expires first at the top so we dont have to scroll miles to get to the ones that expire first. I was told they would pass it on to the developers. Probably went into the waste bin

I'm with you on this topic.   There are so many invites that I'm not going to join for various reasons, and wish to delete those invites.  I don't see why this is a feature that can't be executed? 

• thank you! 1

dosendme

Pardon my ignorance but how to bookmark and how to look the oldest first before expire

again sorry for asking 

ninakazen

To bookmark, Click on the three dots on the top right Of an invite and a menu will prompt. You will see one of the options as bookmark invite.

Unfortunately you have to scroll to the very end of your invite list to see the ones that will expire soon

Edited by ninakazen

_RamKrish1012
8 hours ago, ninakazen said:

Unfortunately you have to scroll to the very end of your invite list to see the ones that will expire soon

This can be fixed in a jiffy by Smule Software developers. Just a provision like a button to reverse the order. giving singers both options. Some Like to sing duets as soon as the invites arrive. I like to book mark them and sing before they expire, so I am almost always seven days late.

• 1 year later...
yaunti
On 5/22/2019 at 7:58 PM, DuetWithAlli said:

The only other tip I have on the number of invites you receive ... if I notice someone I follow opens an excessive number of invites, I unfollow. 

For some people, Smule is a popularity contest. I’m not sure about US singers, as very few sing with me. Same with singers from India, I see very few. But I have seen users who are into groups and support chats, and using trickery, blind loves and possibly bots, to increase their following. I just really love singing, so I try to stick with people of a similar mindset and avoid the rest. 

And now that I better understand the original topic of this post (sorry for taking it so far off topic!) I will contact Smule about this too. It does seem out of place to have invites appearing in notifications. 

I used to be one of those users who would open up a lot of songs. It wasn't about popularity. I either wanted people to join me, or wanted to hear people sing specific songs. I still open solos to give back because so many made songs available when I couldn't go VIP. It took me a while to realize that personally inviting users to much was spamming them. I had several people unfollow me. I figured that was why. I agree with Alli, I am just on smule to sing.