@Mentions - No Photos on Profile Pages ????

_RamKrish1012

I have always had seven of my favourite singers @Mentions and their photos used to appear on my Profile Page and all I had to do was click on each photo to see all their invites and book mark them. This was like a short cut to seven fav singers profiles. This is not possible now as I do not see their photos as icons. Initially I thought it was my phone playing up; but now I find there are no @ mentions photos in any ones profile page. 

Has any one noticed this ?

Ram

Edited by _RamKrish1012

_RamKrish1012

Is this happening only to me or has small scrapped the photo icons appearing on Profile Page /

Ram

• 2 weeks later...
DuetWithAlli

This happened to me at one point. I was bothered by the photo icons, so I went into my settings. You can toggle on and off whether you want to show your @ mentions. Well I toggled it off, and no matter how many times I toggled it back on ... the photo icons never came back.

But I thought this issue had been resolved for me in one of the updates, because I now see the photo icons at the bottom again. 

• like 1

_RamKrish1012

I am looking at my phone now and there are no photo icons of my Fav singers. Double checked my @mentions Toggle and is on as always. You just press on Photo Icons and you can see your friends recordings and Invites which can be book marked nice and early.

The question is do you see the Photo Icons Now ?

opentype

Just a wild guess: But try adding spaces between your mentions. It looks like it is one continuous string. Maybe that’s what is tripping Smule up. 

DuetWithAlli

On your page ... no, I do not see the photo icons. I had all of my @mentions running together with no spaces and the photos still showed. My guess would be the commas. Try removing the commas.

_RamKrish1012
15 hours ago, opentype said:

Just a wild guess: But try adding spaces between your mentions. It looks like it is one continuous string. Maybe that’s what is tripping Smule up. 

Guru I have had the same setting from the start and Photos always showed on Profile Page. Now I see photo icons some days and I don't see them other days. I dont see photo icons on any of the profiles of people I follow either.

_RamKrish1012

Blamey I see Photo icons on my iPad but not on my Samsung. I just used iPad for singing at nights and Samsung for texting of comments etc.. So again the problem is an Android Problem. using app version 6.2.7 Build 1562 release prod

_RamKrish1012
13 hours ago, DuetWithAlli said:

On your page ... no, I do not see the photo icons. I had all of my @mentions running together with no spaces and the photos still showed. My guess would be the commas. Try removing the commas.

Are you suing an Android Phone ? I can see them on my iPad seven icons of my fav singers

neopatriarch

This is an intermittent problem for me too. Though not right now. 

Even when the pictures don't show up, you can still click on your friends names, and see there profiles. 

I use this as a quick way to view the oc of my favorite sinners in the app. 

DuetWithAlli

No, I’m on iPad. But oddly enough ... when I click on the button under your profile pic that says “Smule Account” I am directed to the Smule website. I don’t see the photo icons there. But if I look you up on the Smule app, I see the icons on your page. Weird incompatibility issues?

_RamKrish1012

No Change. See Photo iCons on Ipad but none on Samsung 7 even today. But might appear any time.

Sadly Smule software developers obviously do not do "Thorough Testing of software changes and implementation".

_RamKrish1012

DuetWithAlli,

Just had a peek at your profile to find you have 5K followers and you are following 2.5K members and have 21K recordings.. Wow. Congrats. Will have to spend time listening to recordings in your Favourites

Well you have to teach people like me some tricks of how to cope and say afloat and not drown under Smule overload.

On an average I sing about 5 songs a night or 35 songs a week. I have maintained a Blog of all the songs I have recorded on Smule in a few languages. https://gatarahe.blogspot.com. Most of the Hindi songs are from Movies so I upload the You Tube Video from the movie followed by Lyrics to allow singers to listen to original and practice before attempting to sing on Smule. As the Blog is PUBLIC with time I am finding it is getting used by people world wide

_RamKrish1012
4 hours ago, neopatriarch said:

This is an intermittent problem for me too. Though not right now. 

Even when the pictures don't show up, you can still click on your friends names, and see there profiles. 

I use this as a quick way to view the oc of my favorite sinners in the app. 

neopatriarch

Right now this is a problem on my Samsung but not my iPad.

I too am used to clicking on Photo iCons on my Profile Page going to their profiles and bookmarking their invites as top priority. Yes I too click on the names at mentions now when I do not see their photo icons.

I have requested Smule to eliminate their names appearing in text form ( meaning Hide it and not Display on Profile page) to make room for three rows of seven photo icons so you have 21 of your favourites whose profile pages you can go to the minute the app loads. I think this would be awesome.

Cheers Mate

• thank you! 1

DuetWithAlli

Hi RamKrish. Thanks so much! I am just now reading this, but I addressed it in your other post about invites showing up in the notifications. It is hard to manage a high number of followers, so I take steps to grow slowly. I have been singing on Smule for ... three and a half years I think? And I started singing on my current account two and a half years ago. Trying not to “drown under Smule overload” ... the problem is real! 

_RamKrish1012

DuetWithAlli,

I just have 125 followers and keep pruning the number of members I follow so Smule does not become overwhelming. Glad you have it all under control, but remember to take care of yourself first as You come first in Your life, followers can come and go but you should go on as you please. Reminded of a Poem I learnt at school called the Brook with the lines:

"Men May come and men may Go

But I go on for ever"

I'll have to figure out at least one song I can sing with you and have some fun.

Cheers.

PS: Oh I almost forgot, I am at my study and my Mac Pro is On Sing Salon and I Pad on Smule Profile Page showing all seven photoes and @mentions also in text form. My Samsung 7 is on a Tripod on the same table and all the text on my profile page plus photo icins etc are all gone except Life is beautiful and followers following and group. and all Day I have not been able to upload the Smule App and have been unable to comment to thank joiners etc...

My Profile Photo in the background is Sydneys Music Festival "FOMO" hosted by my Son and Daughter in law the last 5 years. They had Nicki Minaj this January and Postie Malone last January and Flostradamus the year before. Is this the kind of music you follow ?

DuetWithAlli

Thanks for sharing that. I actually got burned out on Smule. I went away for a few days. When I came back, I still didn’t feel like I could comment to my joiners. So I listened and loved their recordings. And used @joiners to comment to all after the fact.

There are some really strange glitches in Smule. If you contact support, and they understand your issue, I think they are very helpful. But I imagine it is more challenging with Android devices. 

Oh that’s amazing that your family is involved in a big event like this! I have heard of Nicki Minaj but the others ... no idea. I don’t listen to a lot of current music. I sing mostly 80s rock music, particularly Bon Jovi and Guns n Roses. Bryan Adams ... I love him. And a little bit of everything else. I also sing Indonesian music. 

_RamKrish1012

DuetWithAlli,

When I join an invite and I get a message thanking all joiners. it is a total turn off for me as the person you are singing with could not be bothered listening. I have also found that many singers send a thank you joiners and also send a "wow You sang so well" sort of BS. Initially I fell for it and later figured out the same message qwas sent to all 29 joiners.

What we experience on Smule is HUMAN BEHAVIOUR of all types of people. many forget that every member is human and with feelings etc. Any way sorry I digress from No Photos on Profile Page ---even now.

Contacting Smule support is a waste of time as they tell you they will pass the message on to the Project teams etc and that is the end.

FOMO is my son& DILs Business. I am not involved other than attending and have a great day out. I am more an Elton John, Billy Joel, Leo Sayer, Phil Collins, Savage Garden, Eagles .... fan.

I have to check ut your Indonesian songs :-)

• 3 weeks later...
_RamKrish1012

I can see Eleven (11) Photo iCons of @Mentions Friends in my iPad but "No Photo iCons on My Samsung 7"

I have always used my Samsung 7 for looking at my fav singers profiles to see their invites by Tappimg on their Photo iCons. I know you can Click on the name Text but my fat fingers cannot hit what I am after.

Home Smule Developers are taking a peek at this Forum from Time to Time.