_RamKrish1012

Suggestions for Smule Developers to Consider.

_RamKrish1012

Open type do you think this Sang salon Forum can be used to discuss ideas to improve the Smule Software and user experience and User Problems. I am asking this as I have many suggestions but they get stonewalled by Smule Customer support who may not even be passing the idea to the Project managers.

If yes perhaps this Forum can be used to Brain Storm Smule Singers to raise the standards of Smule singing and participation.

If you don't think this is a good idea I can understand.

Cheers Mate

Ram

PS: I want to address you by your name and not refer to you as Open Type. makes me feel uncomfortable

opentype
On 4/20/2019 at 7:28 AM, _RamKrish1012 said:

Open type do you think this Sang salon Forum can be used to discuss ideas to improve the Smule Software and user experience and User Problems.

Sure. Feel free to discuss feature requests. But Smule isn’t really listening here. It’s always good to contact them directly as well. https://smule.zendesk.com/

Follow me on Smule: https://smule.com/opentype 

_RamKrish1012

SUGGESTION NO. 1

If your Head Phones are not connected to your MOB Phone or iPad, Smule Prompts that it is Best to use "Head Phones". But then they don't tell you that if you use Head Phones then you need an external microphone FOR RECORDINGS and how to make use of a Mic with Head Phone.

BUT FOR THIS "SING SALON FORUM" AND YOUR SUPPORT GURU, I MAY HAVE QUIT SMULE AGES AGO

_RamKrish1012

SUGGESTION No 2:

Earlier on all Smule Members could book mark invites to sing from the Invites section, from Feed, From Private messages etc etc etc. These got looked in in the sequence in which we book marked them but not based on expiry time and date... and also the expiry time and date was in very light grey colour that it was a big strain to read. I pleaded that they should mark the expiry time in Red and also arrange book marks in order of expiry time. I was extremely happy when they attended to this.

But then they dumped the invite book marks with activities which has created a bigger problem

Now the activity contains both Invite expiry time and  as well as a lot of comment exchanges from Smule singing partners. If I doin not see this for a few hours there are to many invites expiry and messages all jumbled up in one section the "Activity" and often I miss reading some one comment inadvertently and have upset people who think I have ignored them.

It would be so much easier if Smule Creates a separate tab for Invite Expiring in the next 24 hours

I am hoping Smule Developer are listening in and paying attention.

Ram

_RamKrish1012

Suggestion No 3:

The More the number of Smule Members you follow the more the number of INVITES per day.  To avoid too many invites one has to constantly Prune the number of singers we follow.

I patiently Book Mark the Max 100 songs allowed by Smule and do not bother looking at invites until I have sung the songs book Marked. In addition now each day the Activity section is INUNDATED with songs that will expire in the next 24 hours mixed up with responses from Smule Partners. To be Honest this is Now a Mess. These need to be separated.

Also I find that Smule auto forwards some Invites for songs we have never heard for Example "One Less Day" by Rob Thomas that will be open for 2 Years and they stay there for ever whether you know the Song or not. I'd love to be able to PURGE this if I want to.

HERE IS MY SUGGESTION FOR SMULE DEVELOPERS:

Replace the "JOIN" button by "BOOKMARK" and move it to the LEFT extreme. Trying to click on three dots to Book Mark an Invite is cumbersome and sometimes you get thrown out of the page or even the Smule App totally.

How often do we JOIN immediately on seeing an INVITE ? I never do. There is a TIME for Singing on Smule when most have gone to bed and the ambient Noise levels are down Not every one has a Homen Studio. we all sing in our lounges and bedrooms.

Create a new "DELETE" Button and locate it where the JOIN Button is now.

Life would be so much better if we can just delete and purge songs we do not know or not interested in singing the minute we see it, as opposed to staring at them for SEVEN Long days until they EXPIRE

This will mean that we do not have to Restrict the Number of Smule Singers we follow to minimise the number of Invites in a Daily Basis.

HOPE SMULE DEVELOPERS ARE SEEING POSTS IN THIS FORUM PROVIDING AMAZING SUPPORT TO SMULE MEMBERS, SUPPORT THEY DO NIOT GET FROM SMULE CUSTOMER SUPPORT.I have sent several requests. I get reference numbers that I believe are auto generated but no one cares to read and respond.

Ram

opentype

To put it more broadly: there should be granular control of all notification types. 
Just like we have it here: https://sing.salon/notifications/options/
It’s totally up to you here, which notifications you get and how (on-site or email). 

In the same way, Smule should let us choose if we want to see (for example) expiration notices and if they are in the notification list or sent out via push messages. 

• like 1

_RamKrish1012
22 hours ago, opentype said:

To put it more broadly: there should be granular control of all notification types. 
Just like we have it here: https://sing.salon/notifications/options/
It’s totally up to you here, which notifications you get and how (on-site or email). 

In the same way, Smule should let us choose if we want to see (for example) expiration notices and if they are in the notification list or sent out via push messages. 

Guru, May be may be not. Remember there are millions of Smule users and 95% are not technical. Even now I am aware that not many know even how to make adjustments on Super Studio. We need the system to be Simple and user friendly for the sake of the masses.

opentype
5 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

Guru, May be may be not. Remember there are millions of Smule users and 95% are not technical. 

Sure. Smule likes to keep things simple for the masses. I get that. It’s always a matter of finding the right balance and find the right user interface. 

For example: Smule tries to get me to activate push notifications, but as long as it’s either ALL or NO notifications, I will keep it off. It’s in their interest to provide better control so I will turn that back on. 

_RamKrish1012

What exactly do you mean by Push Notifications ?

_RamKrish1012

SUGGESTION NO 4 : Followers and Following Lists.

If you look at your followers list you will notice a blue icon of a person with a + sign in Front. These are people you do not follow. The people you follow the icon is gray in colour with a Tick mark in Front. I like this feature. But when you look at the members you are following all of them have a gray icon with a tick in front. This is a no brainer and serves no purpose.

Of the members I am following I'd like to know who are following me making them my priority smuleans whose invites I should accept as a priority provided I know the song.. 

My suggestion is that on both lists mutual followers the icon should be red with a bold Tick in Front and this should also show in the invites

A personal friend of mine joined Smule and has been following me for six months but I had no clue as I dont often check my followers as people follow today and dumpy you tomorrow. It is a numbers game for many which I do not subscribe too. In fact I prune the number of people I follow regularly. This lady had a go at me saying I was ignoring her. But then I wont get her invites unless I follow her or she send me a message . I apologised and we are fine now and I pay special attention to her invites.

What do you think Guru?

opentype
33 minutes ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

What do you think Guru?

It would probably increases the drama of people being very upset when there is an easy way of seeing who unfollowed them. 😉 

A personal friend of mine joined Smule and has been following me for six months but I had no clue as I dont often check my followers as people follow today and dumpy you tomorrow.

Has he never joined you in that six month? If he did, that’s the point where I would go check out there profile and possibly follow back. 

_RamKrish1012

"

It would probably increases the drama of people being very upset when there is an easy way of seeing who unfollowed them. 😉 

No drama for me when some one unfollows me. Id like to pay special attention to ones I follow amongst the ones who follow me. Right now I have no clue who is following me unless I take a peek every now and then.

Aside from this Smule can be addictive. There are ladies I know with 10K Followers and get stressed out. Another lady friend did 100K songs and had not been heard from for seven months. She just could not cope with the demands of her followers.

I think I need to back off too as Smule is biting more and more into my sleeping hours as I do not start singing until all family members have gone to sleep.

Cheers Brother

_RamKrish1012

SUGGESTION NO: 5

Under Notifications we now have Activity and Invites. Invites are arranged in the order they get posted to Smule. This means the Oldest Goes to the Bottom and Newest stays at the top. Nothing wrong with this if you are receiving only a few invites. But if one is receiving few hundred invites a day, one has to SCROLL down miles of Invites to get to the ones that expire first.

Suggestion: Provide a BUTTON next to Invites that reverses the invites to OLDEST FIRST  so we do not have to scroll miles every day to get to the BOTTOM.

The BUTTON can TURN Red and GREEN to indicate the order of appearance Newest Invites First or OLDEST Invites First

ELVIS_USA
Posted (edited)

First off I think the dots that show audio should be a bar much easier for people to understand then on every song Harmony should be offered and a way to see the key like C of the song you are singing and finally a key changer for those who can't hit the original note

Edited by ELVIS_USA
Change

_RamKrish1012
13 hours ago, ELVIS_USA said:

First off I think the dots that show audio should be a bar much easier for people to understand then on every song Harmony should be offered and a way to see the key like C of the song you are singing and finally a key changer for those who can't hit the original note

Elvis my friend, Can you please explain what you mean by "DOTS THAT SHOW AUDIO".

Where do we see these dots?

Also what do you mean by "HARMONY SHOULD BE OFFERED"

OH Yes I agree a "Key" Change Options would be fantastic if thus is possible.

I have tried and failed to play my harmonica with duet invites of popular songs as I just cannot match the key

I tell you what if I was the technical Director of Smule Software, I will take SMULEW Places

ELVIS_USA

On my lgv30 there are dots that show the audio as you speak into the mic I do not know if all phones do this but mine does and I thought it was part of the program

ELVIS_USA

Harmony means that you and your voice harmonize together like two voices it was done on old songs like remember songs done by Sha Na Na it gives you that group sound when you're a single singer

ELVIS_USA

Many effects boxes offer one 2 and three part harmonies

_RamKrish1012
15 hours ago, ELVIS_USA said:

On my lgv30 there are dots that show the audio as you speak into the mic I do not know if all phones do this but mine does and I thought it was part of the program

I use a Samsung which is Android and iPad which is IOS. Still  Have no clue still.

How about sharing a screen shot if you don't mind so we know what you are talking about

_RamKrish1012
15 hours ago, ELVIS_USA said:

Harmony means that you and your voice harmonize together like two voices it was done on old songs like remember songs done by Sha Na Na it gives you that group sound when you're a single singer

Does it sound like when you use "Double You" Setting on Smule instead of "Super Studio" ???

ELVIS_USA

No not at all

_RamKrish1012
11 hours ago, ELVIS_USA said:

No not at all

Sounds more like Echo or Reverb Perhaps

ELVIS_USA

Look up on YouTube Harmony vocals and music and you will hear what it sounds like