_RamKrish1012

Which is a better interface - iRig Pro I/O or iRig Pro Duo

opentype
8 minutes ago, uknowthe1 said:

Here's the problem: I'm not getting any audio monitoring into my headphones! I'm at wit's end!!!! Please help!

Where did you plug the headphones in?

Follow me on Smule: https://smule.com/opentype 

uknowthe1

The phone and the headphone input on the iRig Pro i/o. Both ways work fine. 

_RamKrish1012
On 5/7/2019 at 2:08 PM, uknowthe1 said:

Here's the problem: I'm not getting any audio monitoring into my headphones!

What exactly do you mean by audio monitoring into the head phones. I use iRig and head phones and a dynamic mic am trying to understand what you are saying.

chrisfcleary

check the audio settings, you didn't state if its ios or android, but on my android tablet I can adjust headphone in the system settings, check they have not been inadvertently muted.  

uknowthe1
On 5/7/2019 at 11:56 AM, uknowthe1 said:

The phone and the headphone input on the iRig Pro i/o. Both ways work fine. 

9 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

What exactly do you mean by audio monitoring into the head phones. I use iRig and head phones and a dynamic mic am trying to understand what you are saying.

I can not hear my voice mixed in the music through the headphones when singing into my dynamic mic, but the music comes through Smule into the headphones just fine. 

uknowthe1
8 hours ago, chrisfcleary said:

check the audio settings, you didn't state if its ios or android, but on my android tablet I can adjust headphone in the system settings, check they have not been inadvertently muted.  

I did state it is a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. Android. What you're saying would make sense if I weren't getting any audio. I am hearing the music track play flawlessly through the headphones. 

_RamKrish1012

If You are able to hear the Music Track in your head phones it means the head phone is plugged in properly into iRig. and I Rig is plugged in Properly into your Samsung Phone.

If you cannot hear your voice when you are singing, it is possible the iRig Gain setting is Too Low. Crank it up fully. Also Check the Volume Control on Your Phone.

If both don't fix the problem then check to see if the pin on your Head Phone has two lines and three segments.

I cannot think of anything else besides this.

I have a Samsung phone and an iPad. There have been times when music starts and I start singing but cannot hear my voice, But then I am recording on my iPad and silly me have my head phone plugged into Samsung. I kick myself for this. I find Samsung phone better for messaging on Smule than I Pad and iPad much better for singing on Smule.

Cheers

_RamKrish1012

Another possibility is the battery in i Rig is running low unless you have a DC Power supply for the I Rig

uknowthe1
8 hours ago, _RamKrish1012 said:

If You are able to hear the Music Track in your head phones it means the head phone is plugged in properly into iRig. and I Rig is plugged in Properly into your Samsung Phone.

If you cannot hear your voice when you are singing, it is possible the iRig Gain setting is Too Low. Crank it up fully. Also Check the Volume Control on Your Phone.

If both don't fix the problem then check to see if the pin on your Head Phone has two lines and three segments.

I cannot think of anything else besides this.

I have a Samsung phone and an iPad. There have been times when music starts and I start singing but cannot hear my voice, But then I am recording on my iPad and silly me have my head phone plugged into Samsung. I kick myself for this. I find Samsung phone better for messaging on Smule than I Pad and iPad much better for singing on Smule.

Cheers

Thanks for your reply. Smule is very shady about its Android capabilities. I did lots of digging and found out direct monitoring is only available on "certain" Android devices but all iOS devices. 

_RamKrish1012

I know exactly what you mean now. I just plugged my iRig Pre into my Samsung 7 and I cannot hear my voice in the head phone but Smule is able to record my singing through the microphone.. I played the recording back and my voice is there.

Tascam iXz and Saramenco work on Samsung. See if you can find an outlet that will let you test drive with your Samsung 8 before you buy. Having said that both these interfaces are old analog devices and your Samsung 8 is very digital smart phone. Compatibility could be an issue. I struggled with Samsung 7 for 18 months and decided to get an iPad just for Smule. Keep us posted as we are all learning from our mistakes. What ever you do do not buy the Rolang Go Mixer Pro.

_RamKrish1012

Uknowthe1

Forgot to tell you something. Your voice that got recorded on Smule is not signal from the microphone but direct signal picked up by the Samsungs internal built in microphones. To Test this try tapping the phone when the smule recording is going on to see if the tapping gets recorded Most Probably not. Ram

Dark Glasses_John

Hi all, I just bought the irig pro duo and had to buy dc power supply and I’m waiting on a splitter with 4 ports. 1, 3.5 headphone jack, 1, lightning headphone jack, 1, power lightning jack and 1, usb-C power jack. I’m hoping it will be a work around instead of the power bridge to keep powering my iPad/iPhone but shall see later today when it gets here. It’s only 16.99 compared to 65.00. I also got the N1 Rode mic and just got the Eyeball Fatboy from Kaotica and I have to say it is worth it for aspiring artists. I did a solo showing the difference in sound quality of a short version of Oceans if anyone wants to hear. Now that’s said... My question is regarding singing with two mics. I got it to work with the duo in the irig recorder app but I need help with what cords/cables to get to make it work on Smule if any more are even needed? Or do I need to use my Henyh Q802USB interface and or if I need a condenser and pre-amp as well to start recording my own music. Also if so can I use the duo with the interface if needed? Here is a picture of the other interface. Right now the only cables I have are the two mic cables male to female ends. If someone could show me a picture diagram of cables to what ports to what devices it would be greatly appreciated?!? Thank you.

image.jpg

_RamKrish1012

Open Type,

Think I found the answer I was looking for. IK Media first Developed the iRig Pre and improved on this and created the iRig Pro and extended it further creating the iRig Pro Duo to allow two XLR plug ins

The iRig Pro I/O is the ultimate as of now from IK Media and the DUO is no Comparison.

So iRig Pro I/O is the best Interface on the market now and works well with iOS and Androids 

_RamKrish1012
On 5/4/2019 at 3:22 AM, Sips16 said:

I didn't buy duo just for that reason- wasn't sure if it'd work. Please share what you find! Thanks sir. 

Swapnil,

uld not find any reliable info on i Rig Pro Duo, so finally I bit the Bullet and ordered an i Rig Pro I/O with power supply. Just got tired of trying to figure out.

Now I own the Roland Go Pro Mixer, Yamaha MG 06X Mixer, Tazcam iXZ interface, i Rig Pre interface.

Have to box the lot and put them away.

I am hoping the Yamaha Mixer will work with i Rig Pro I/O

Cheers

Ram

_RamKrish1012
Posted (edited)

Having placed an Order on Line for an iRigPro I/O Plus Power supply last week, I was expectinge delivery this week but got told that these are not in stock and will take atleast two weeks for IK media to supply the unts. As luck would have it, last night there was a Smule software update for IoS with a message saying they are trying to improve Smule, five minutes later my i Rig Pre Just died. Dont have a clue what happened. 

As I was singing I realised my own voice was beginning to sound strange and next thing my voice was gone and so too the green light on my i Rig Pre. Changed Batteries but was of no use. 😂🤣🥵🤢

I am now forced by circumstances to use my old Tazcam iXZ

Edited by _RamKrish1012
Need to add one more line

ELVIS_USA
Posted (edited)

Let me help out here the most important thing in your setup to start with is your microphone cable cheap cable doesn't cover the full frequency range of the mic that you put on it that's why all I use to sing through is mogami gold microphone cable that supports a lifetime guarantee after you get good cable you'll get good sound I hear a lot of bashing of the irig mic pre before I use this I attempted to go from my mixer to my phone useing a Shure beta 58A microphone the result was extremely tinny sound like there was a mosquito singing along with me...lol as soon as I hooked up the mic pre the  full Beauty of the Mike was truly heard I couldn't believe I was singing on a phone it sounded just as good as when I sing on SingSnap.com through my computer if you expect the iRig pre to sound PRO  out of the box you will be sadly disappointed but if you take the time to hook to a dedicated mixer the pre can shine👍

Edited by ELVIS_USA
Mistake

_RamKrish1012
On 5/26/2019 at 9:28 PM, Dark Glasses_John said:

Hi all, I just bought the irig pro duo and had to buy dc power supply and I’m waiting on a splitter with 4 ports. 1, 3.5 headphone jack, 1, lightning headphone jack, 1, power lightning jack and 1, usb-C power jack. I’m hoping it will be a work around instead of the power bridge to keep powering my iPad/iPhone but shall see later today when it gets here. It’s only 16.99 compared to 65.00. I also got the N1 Rode mic and just got the Eyeball Fatboy from Kaotica and I have to say it is worth it for aspiring artists. I did a solo showing the difference in sound quality of a short version of Oceans if anyone wants to hear. Now that’s said... My question is regarding singing with two mics. I got it to work with the duo in the irig recorder app but I need help with what cords/cables to get to make it work on Smule if any more are even needed? Or do I need to use my Henyh Q802USB interface and or if I need a condenser and pre-amp as well to start recording my own music. Also if so can I use the duo with the interface if needed? Here is a picture of the other interface. Right now the only cables I have are the two mic cables male to female ends. If someone could show me a picture diagram of cables to what ports to what devices it would be greatly appreciated?!? Thank you.

image.jpg

Brother how are you going with your i Rig Pro ?

Have you been able to make it work with your Samsung 8 ?